Chapter 10

After Jeongyeon left the table, the waiter finished putting down the last dishes and the secondary ones that were going to detach the flavor from time to time.  The wine brought him a second later placing it delicately on the table uncorking the bottle.  Then with his usual gesture he filled my glass by tilting it a little.  Sana, after seeing the waiter go, she shyly asked me "Excuse me, what dish is this?", I smiled secretly as I watched her turn the chopsticks on the table out of fear of her.  "It's a soup, there's one of the best beef in the world, Kobe exported from Japan. Furthermore, it's all seasoned with good vegetables and Alba truffles" I replied, seeing Sana interested in the description of the dish, " It's one of the most popular dishes in the restaurant. I hope you like it" I continued finally putting my eyes on my plate so as not to meet his who continued to smile along with his lips at the sudden declaration.  "Yours instead? It seems like a rather particular dish..." Sana said, taking the chopsticks and casually mixing the soup, "It's a black chicken from Ayam Cenami. It's from Indonesia, it's really good and has a particular taste. It seems burnt but instead it is the classic appearance of a good dish" I concluded by cutting a slice while Sana listened attentively while continuing to mix, "It seems excellent to me, I will try the soup suggested by you" Sana came to say making me look up and see her savor a piece of meat that sagged like a thin slice due to its softness.  I didn't understand why I felt so anxious about seeing someone eat something I suggested, I remember when I went out with the women my father made me meet, when it came to restaurants I always decided on my dishes and those of the woman in question and not had never said a nasty comment about my suggestion.  Following my tastes and those of Sana, I had the idea of ​​letting him eat some grilled fish too, but I decided to go back to simple ways and order the most popular dish in the place.  In fact, his eyes made a strange sparkle, I don't know if it was due to the food or the blurry LED light above us and in the restaurant, but he understood from his smile after swallowing the meat that he liked it, after all his comment was not less.  "It's delicious, now I can understand why he always comes to this restaurant..." she concluded, smiling sincerely at her own words and breathing a sigh of relief.  "She has a refined taste, like me anyway. I immediately sensed that she would like this dish. I would have liked you to try something else too, but I don't know what else to suggest other than Ayam Cenami chicken" I said, taking a bite of mine. plate along with some vegetables, "Don't worry. This dish is already enough for me, I'm a woman with a small stomach" she replied, immediately understanding his appetite.  We ate in silence for a few seconds when she suddenly asked, "You're not originally from Korea, are you?"  It was true I wasn't born in Korea.  "I'm from Taiwan. I moved when I was in elementary school," I said as she sent me curious yet attentive eyes at my response, "He had a different face unlike the standards and canons of Korea. But he doesn't worry, I'm not originally from Korea, I'm from Japan" she replied back, leaving me surprised by her news.  She didn't give me the air of a Japanese woman and her Korean accent was exceptional, I had a doubt about her response "Really? She seems like a Korean woman to me, your accent is incredibly the same as that of Korea. Are you sure ?"  I asked Sana in amazement as she laughed and nodded playfully.  "And why did you come here?"  I asked;  I thought afterwards that perhaps the question was rather private, but my curiosity could hurt sometimes.  "Oh, my parents had found a good place and excellent conditions to work. I also took advantage of staying here at the age of ten by educating myself and learning the language to be able to enter the famous Seoul University" she said, continuing to do some short breaks to eat, "He is truly an ambitious and tenacious person. He has my utmost respect" I said making her embarrassed but at the same time happy seeing that her eyes peeked over her hands, shaking them slowly due to a bit of nervousness and certainly excitement.  "And you?"  Sana asked next, giving me a smile to encourage me to speak. "Still working. My father had exported his company to Korea to get more business. Seeing my father, I followed in his footsteps but in a different type of field" "Your father had a company completely different from yours?"  She asked quickly making me nod happily at her attentiveness.  "My father was a school supplies entrepreneur. He had huge series of companies that stood out to the sky when it was September, and the children wanted the strangest things for school. Understanding that that wasn't my future, I chose the path of an entrepreneur but in the maritime sector" I concluded, walking out after eating another piece of meat slowly, while Sana looked on surprised by the difference in entrepreneurial fields.  "It's really nice that he didn't choose the same entrepreneurial field as your father. You have asserted yourself by being a different and more versatile entrepreneur than your father who is certainly a model of growth for you for having chosen the life of an entrepreneur" he said Sana with a quizzical hint, making me laugh at her completely correct answer even though it was supposed to come off as a question.  "Exactly, my father is my role model for growth and future. Even though I don't want to be a nagging and threatening father like him, sometimes he can be really strange" I said allowing Sana to laugh slightly at my words specifically chosen to lighten her tension that was building.  "Everyone has a model of life... surely you have it too" I said, getting a shake of her head as a sign of denial, "I never wanted to take anyone as a reference. I want to be who I am and build my roots from alone without any example of life or work. What I have to do or will do must be of my own spontaneous decision and not of a common script of my father or mother's life. I admire your effort regarding the work that has differentiated through different fields than your father's, but I want to be completely different from my parents, after all being the owner of a sushi restaurant has never been my dream" she concluded, laughing a little at her last sentence.  I no longer smiled secretly but showed my pleased face to Sana who immediately gave me one too.  She was right.  If she wanted to be completely different from her parents, she also had to have a job that was miles away from hers.  Even though I say most of the time that I don't want to be like my father or mother, she found me doing things that my parents do on a daily basis and a job that I find boring.  In the end I decided on the job only to follow in my father's footsteps. Changing the entrepreneurial field did not make me different from my father.  And it didn't allow me to do the job I dreamed of, after all I never had a favorite job, I always thought about survival and money at an early age.  This great turning point that Sana gave me made me reflect and made me understand even more that she is the woman I want to marry, her great self-sacrifice and her ambition to not be a common copy gives me the extra motivation to ask him immediately.  Maybe keeping the ring in the car wasn't a waste of time, it could have been a good opportunity.  Sana was staring at me, I could tell from her bright smile and her sweet expressions when I spoke.  But at the same time I perceived something negative in my idea.