Chapter 21

The din of people coming down the stairs and cars fighting with the horns and shouts of pedestrians.  Sana had woken up earlier, precisely at six, but the traffic and the people had had the same idea.  She had been slowly getting dressed as she reluctantly checked the time knowing that she would arrive half an hour early as always.  Her room seemed guilty, in fact she gave her a pitying look from her side, telling him that after all it was her fault that she found herself like this.  That room had been her den of tears that evening and now it had the look of a classic apartment in the ugly and rotten condominium of the place, with those windows that smelled of decay and that dirty carpet at the entrance to the door.  She wondered if Tzuyu was right and what she would do if she saw the conditions of this place.  She would put her hands in her hair and force her to move to another place.  He had never wanted her to find herself in the disgrace and degradation of her society of her low performance both as a citizen and as a woman of office to the status of the country.  She may have been a woman who worked as a private teacher in a rich people's school but basically her life was here with such a place to live and with little food to feed herself.  She had to pay several bills and she had to pay expenses that went to the account of her parents.  She felt happy and carefree that a person like Tzuyu was giving her a chance to be her friend, but when she learned the reality of it in that coffee shop she realized that she could have more than a friendship from him.  Things got bigger and Tzuyu went crazy all of a sudden and the proof was that arm that still had bruises from the man's nails.  She slowly went down the stairs seeing that the door was destroyed and almost ready to collapse.  She looked from her feet up to her chest, and taking a deep breath she catapulted herself into her true reality, but everything stopped as soon as she saw the old red car with the Lamborghini logo stopped and in front of the apartment building.  She took a quick look, wanting to go unnoticed, but as soon as she poked her head off the curb the car door opened.  "Sana..." she said in a broken voice as his hands tried to caress the void.  "Sana, please ..." he said again, trying to get closer to her but Sana seemed transparent to the other's request, she started walking again with her bag on her shoulder and two books in her hand.  "Forgive me Sana. I am a fool and an incompetent person. I would like to die knowing that now you hate me!"  he shouted, punching her hard and firmly on her chest, making Sana's eyes narrow at the man's confession.  She turned her head as she stopped in place looking at the man who was now so fragile and sensitive towards the serious and cynical old Tzuyu.  "I'm a monster, I know... But you can't ignore me, or you'll be a monster too. You can't let a person become like that, especially if it's the person who loves you with all of himself from head to toe, from mind to the soul!"  he shouted again, moving slowly towards her who was now reasoning with the man's words.  Sana tried to force herself to observe the latter once again.  So much different from the first time she had seen him;  She felt a little sorry for her.  With that disappointed and bewildered look, not to mention his suit, it wasn't even a suit he was wearing, he only had his shirt and his tie was half ruined: he must have slept in the car in the front seat with his legs battered and the bruise on his head.  Ah, that head!  Sana remembered when the door of the apartment building broke and the red drops that decorated her stairs were from her who with all her strength had tried to come to her with his head swinging.  She didn't want to go back to the beginning of the story and know that Tzuyu felt those things for her and tried to change her way of life and way of being.  She wanted to have discussions with him if that was what she expected from a life together;  he was not her rose and he was not her bell jar.  Tzuyu raised her eyebrows in fear and longing as she tried to take a step forward, "Tzuyu" was all Sana managed to say, triggering a gasp from the man in question.  He shook his head in response to her call.  Her happiness was in the eyes of that man who was once again waiting for the sweet voice of the woman who continued to observe her with a confused look full of pity towards her.  "I have to go..." "You can't leave me like this. At least tell me something, I don't want to find out that this will be the last time we talk to each other or that I see your beautiful face" he said putting his hands in front as a sign of an answer that whether negative or positive she wasn't interested it was enough for the woman to speak, her voice reassured him in everything "I'm not sure what's happening, but I'm sure I don't want to marry you knowing that the man to whom I will dedicate my heart will considers it fragile and impossible to touch but only to observe. If you wanted something like that, you would have bought a statue or a painting" Sana concluded, leaving the man astonished at her declaration.  Tzuyu wiped his blood-dried cheek with her forearm, trying not to shed any more tears at the mere thought that she Sana might have a thought of marrying him.  "I will change" he whispered trying to regain strength, "People don't change, much less transform. People remain as they are, people differentiate themselves by their type of character precisely to please a person, but in the end they will always have in their being his thought. People don't become different, they remain with their habit and you will do the same" "People who love change. I am ready to change myself for you, Sana. I have never felt so much love towards a person, I believe that if I found out about your death I would take my own life just for you! It is a statement that goes beyond my desire for admiration and protection towards you!"  he replied, pointing and beating her heart with his fists and his eyes stinging with tears under his eyelids, who were forcefully trying not to escape from the prison of emotions.  Sana curved his neck, placing her hand on his arm, scratching it assiduously as anxiety rose to his throat.  It was the fear of having a rather exaggerated reaction, emotionally, from that man who was regretfully waiting for a few words from the other.  He was about to eat his stomach when he saw Sana trying to make her way back to school.  Tzuyu took further steps forward thinking that right now touching her was one of the bad things to do with her.  "Sana, people die for many reasons. But you will manage to make my heart die if you ignore me again..." "Tzuyu, I don't know if I can trust you" Sana said honestly trying to ignore his big, trembling, sinking eyes. in desperation, "You just have to try. If I ruin your expectations, then you might as well never see me again. I swear on my name and my love for you" he concluded proudly trying to get even a little closer to Sana to be invaded by her scent of cherries.  "I have to think about it, Tzuyu. Let things calm down first..." the woman whispered fearfully, returning to her steps as the man's shadow was ignored.  Tzuyu felt like that shadow, trampled and wounded by Sana's body.