In Town: Sam x Reader

You straightened out your dress and blazer. You slipped on some pumps and pinned up your hair. You grabbed your keys and left your house, heading towards your car.

Driving through town, you rolled down the windows and put the radio on. You hummed along until you got to the morgue.

Heading in, you immediately introduced yourself and were led to the back. The mortician throughly explained every injury on the mutilated body. You listened politely, only jumping in when you had a question.

"Nicest FBI agent I've ever spoken to." He commented as he locked the body back up.

You smiled and thanked him before leaving. Instead of driving home, you drove to a different house. You knocked on the door.

"Kelly! I'm here!" You shouted. The door opened, and your sister appeared in the doorway.

"Oh! Thank god. I'm going to be late!" She said, flustered.

"I'll go grab Melanie." She said. She left briefly, before appearing again with her little toddler. You bent down and smiled as the little girl giggled at you. You scooped her up before checking what time you were bringing her home.

"Thanks again for babysitting." Your sister said gratefully. You brushed her off.

"It's fine. I love spending time with my niece!"

You buckled Melanie into a car seat in the back of your car, before heading off.

"What should we do, Mel?" You said, checking on the smiling toddler.

"You wanna go to the park?" You said, turning into your driveway. Scooping the baby up, you locked the car and headed to your door.

You went to unlock the door, but it was already slightly ajar. You stopped, and your blood went cold. You looked at the precious baby in your arms.

"Hey, Mel? Wanna go for a piggyback ride?" Your voice shook. She laughed, and you swung her around to your back. You gently put her arms around your neck, one hand holding her up.

You grabbed the necklace hiding underneath your dress. It was a small pouch full of salt. Ripping it off it's chain, you held it out in front of you as you pushed the door open. Mel giggled on your back, and you tried desperately to shush her.

As you got to the kitchen you noticed the light was on. A loud bang coming from an unidentifiable room startled both you and Mel.

You ran back out to your car, strapping Mel in her car seat. You dumped your salt around the whole car before slowly walking back into your house, ready to fight. Entering your kitchen, you felt someone breathing on your neck. You jumped around, and shrieked.

"SAMUEL WINCHESTER!" You shrieked as the giant stared down at you.

"You can't scare me like that!" You screamed, a few tears slipping down your face. The smile on his face left when he noticed the tears.

"I'm sorry to scare you. I just wanted to pop in on you. It's been too long." You leaned over your counter taking deep breaths. He rubbed your back awkwardly.

"Mel!" You yelled suddenly. You took off, grabbing a crying Mel out of her car seat.

"Shhhh." You whispered, rocking the girl in your arms as you went back into the house. When Sam saw the girl, his eyes widened.

"I had to put her in the car." You said, your voice still shaky.

"Oh....I'm so sorry to shake you up. I guess trying to surprise you was a terrible idea." Sam said, rubbing his forehead.

"It's ok, Sam. Really. I just..let me put her down." You said. You took Mel up to your spare bedroom, where you had a crib set up for whenever you babysat her.

You rocked her for a it before laying her down. You tucked her in and kissed her cheek. You checked the ring of salt around the crib and the Devils trap underneath the rug by the door.

You headed back to the kitchen and Sam. You both sat at the kitchen table.

"It's been so long." You said softly. You'd loved Sam. But he left because of his work. Said he didn't want you getting involved. You hadn't known about hunting back then. But recent encounters had led you to the Hunting business.

You didn't even know if Sam knew that. Him showing up brought up so many things. Old emotions, memories.

"I've missed you." He said. You smiled sadly.

"No you haven't." He looked up at you startled.

"What?"

"It's ok, Sam. What do you want? Information? Is there a Case?" You said, rubbing your eyes. He was even more confused now.

"Sam, I know who you are. What you do. What do you think I spend my days doing?" You gestured to your outfit. He stood up, and you followed suit.

He took a step closer, and you held your breath. He brushed your cheek, and a few tears fell down your face.

"I missed you so much." He whispered. You looked up into his bright eyes as he leaned down. He kissed you slowly and softly. It was sweet.

He pulled away, and you smiled. A real smile.

"I think I'll stay in town a bit longer." He said. You laughed.

"I know a great place you can stay."