Nougat

"Grab it."Dustin demanded pointing down at the creature that looked as if it was a beatroot blended up and morphed into a fat small snake.
"Me?You!"The two boys went back and forth before Dustin grabbed it and chased Josh around the drive as he hurled.

~

The two boys creeped inside wearily making sure the coast was clear.
"Dusty!Joshy!"Claudia,dustins mom yelled as the two boys froze she ran over.

"Boys,how was it?"
"How was what?"Dustin stammered.

"How was what?"she repeated "the greatest night of the year,of course."

"Oh.oh.yeah it was..it was..uh.."
"Tubular."the two spoke in sync.

"What wrong with you?"she questioned staring between the two.
"Nothing..nothing."
"Did something happen?"
"No.what?no."

"Are you constipated again?"she questioned Dustin as josh turned his head away holding back the biggest laugh ever.

"No.Mom!"he exclaimed disgusted.
"Okay,you're acting weird."she informed him.

"I'm not acting weird!"he spat at her as loud thuds came from Dustin's ghost catcher box.
"Whoa!"Josh exclaimed as Claudia jolts back with a yell of terror.

The boys laughed nervously as the cat hissed at them.
"Awesome right?yeah.I rigged the trap with,uh..."

"A motor!So it looks like a ghost."Josh interfered as the two smiled.
"Just like the movie."Dustin added as his mother cackled nervously as Dustin laughed with a nod as the two broke into huge laughter Josh was watching the mother and son laughed in awkwardness.

The two boys slipped away and creeped into Dustin's room through the slide door.
"I told you to keep quite."Dustin reminded to the creature in the box.

"All you had to do was stay still for one minute."he informed it as he walked over to his tortoises habitat.
"I don't think it speaks human,Dustin."Josh informed him as he took the lid of the tortise enclosure.

"Sorry,yertle."Dustin apologised as he took the tortoise carefully "Temporary eviction,buddy."

"You should take him to your house."Dustin recommended with pleading doe eyes.
"No."
"Yes."

The two went back and forth until Josh agreed to take it tomorrow,Dustin placed the tortious on the floor as he picked up his ghost capture machine.

He opened it tipping in the rat looking creature with a thick tail as the two leaned down examining it closely.

"What are you,little guy?"Dustin questioned with a smile.
"Something that's gonna maul our faces off tonight."Josh informed him as the creature shrieked at them once again as it slithered away.

"What we're you doing in my trash?"he questioned once again.
"He can't talk,Dusty.Sorry to inform you."Josh reminded him as the creature went into hiding.

"You hungry?"He questioned as the boys started feeding him their three musketeers.
"Nougat."Dustin informed it as it got ready to begin slurping up the small pieces.

"Go on eat."Josh requested as the creature screeched backing away from the heat red lamp.
"Too hot?"dustin questioned turning it off.

"Sorry about that,little guy."Dustin informed him as it crawled out to scoff down the three musketeers.

Dustin chuckled in amusement as he watched like a kid watching peppa pig for the first time.
"You like nougat,too,huh?"
"Weirdos enjoy the same things clearly."

"You're pretty cute you know that?"Dustin asked as Josh sent him the dirtiest side eye stare.
"I'm glad I found you."Dustin chuckled.

"It looks like a blob of actual.shit."Josh informed him.
"He's right there!"Dustin argued.
"He doesn't speak English!"The two argued back and forth.

"I'm gonna call you d'Artangnan."Dustin informed him as he looked at the 3 musketeers chocolate wrapper.
"Yeah well nougat is easier to say."Josh bickered.

The two boys fell asleep after scoffing down sweets and trying to figure out the creature,well atleast that's what Dustin was doing.

The creature continued chittering and growling in the container as it grew twice the size it was before.

~

Dustin had insisted they went to the library,Josh hadn't been since him and Steve got banned for 3 weeks for having a water balloon fight and ruining a whole section of books.

So it's his first time back and he was following Dustin like a lost dog as they ran inside.

Dustin and Josh had gathered 5  huge books and plopped them in the desk with a smile as the lady looked them up and down.

"Boys,you know the rules.Five at a time."She reminded them.
"Yup,one,two,three,four,and five."Dustin counted at her cockily.

"Ten."she informed him holding up a card as his smile dropped "you already have five books checked out."

"Then,there for josh."he informed her as she looked at the two before she continued to argue.
"However..I am on a curiosity voyage and I need my paddles to travel."Dustin explained "These books..these books are my paddles."

"Five..at..a..time."She repeated.
"Are you shitting me?"The two questioned.
"Excuse me?"She asked taken aback as josh looked behind her pointing his finger "what the hell is...Dustin Run!"He yelled as they sprinted off with the books.

"Boys!"
"I need my paddles!"Dustin spat back as they ran outside.

Dustin headed off and Josh went to school.

~

"I still don't get why they call him zombie boy."
Max informed him as they paced down the halls
"I mean I get it.He git lost in the woods for a week or something."She shrugged.

"But..why is he a zombie?Because everyone thought he was dead?"Max questioned.
"Yeah,I guess?"Josh shrugged.
"I mean we had a funeral for him and everything." Lucas added on.

"After a week?"Max asked.
"Well,see,some other kid drowned at the quarry."Lucas mentioned.

"We thought it was will because his body was super decomposed."Josh informed her.

"What?"Max spat as she stopped mid walking "okay that's not funny."She informed the two.

"It's not a joke,all right?it's public knowledge."Lucas added "you can ask anybody."
"Except will,he's super super sensitive about it."
Josh added on.

She nodded "okay."She agreed as they continued walking.
"Will is gonna be here soon I'm gonna go wait outside for him."Josh informed the two leaving them alone.

~

"A large iron rod was driven completely through his head."Mr Clarke informed them as he drew  a line onto a skull as it projected onto the screen.

"Phineas miraculously survive.He seemed fine.And physically,yes,he was.But his injury resulted in a complete change to his personality."he informed the class as he stares at Will as did max.

"So much so that his friends knew him.."Mr Clarke continued as Josh turned around telling her to quit staring as Will turned around she spun her head away and glanced out the window.

Dustin slammed open the door as he ran in panting "I am so sorry,Mr.Clarke."he informed him "really,I'm so sorry.Please continue with the class."he assured him as he sat down beside Josh.

"Although it wasn't a crowbar,it was a rod,as I said."He confirmed as the boys gathered in.
"We have to meet.All of us..bring Jackie.At lunch,Av club."Dustin demanded.

"Why?"mike questioned.
"Mike shut up and just listen would you?"Josh questioned as the two bickered back and forth before turning back to the class.

Dustin turned around to Max "AV club.Lunch."he whispered to the back of the class as Max couldn't hear.

"Dustin!"
"Yes,my lord?"Dustin answered.
"Would you care to join the class now?"
"Please,yes."

"The case of Phoneas Gage."
"Phineas Gage."Dustin repeated
"Page 104."
"104.104."he repeated leaning into his bag.

"Focus."
"Focusing.focusing."

"AV club."Dustin whispered again as Max gave him a sarcastic nod with a thumbs up.
Dustin's bag began rattling as the creature chittered.