Chapter 1: Words of a Drunk Man

(if you know who created this book cover, please let me know because i've been searching for ages)

Hi! I'm glad to be back and writing again :)

another story titled by a taylor swift song wowww!! no surprises here 😅

I did mention that I was most likely going to write a Levi or Nanami fic and I am still on that mindset! I have lots of ideas heading into this story that I'm super excited to share

This story is fast paced and probably going to be shorter than my last.

And this is just a quick heads up to those who haven't read the description. This book WILL cover heavier topics than my last one (prostitution, degradation, overdosing and suicide)— I have issued a reminder, so it is your responsibility if you decide to continue.

Without more time to waste, let's head into the first chapter! Enjoy <3 -vis

___

Staring into the mirror reflecting a woman you had barely recognized anymore, could it get any more dreadful than that? Frizzy hair, dark and prominent eye-bags consuming your face, acne scars—is this the aftermath of motherhood?

You've always had to tell yourself "It's for a good cause." but amidst nurturing and caring for your 7 year old child in all the aspects possible, it feels as if you have lost yourself in the process. It was tiring, and dear lord it was so damn draining.

Were you supposed to be eying yourself in the mirror, pointing out every flaw for ten minutes straight? Most definitely not, you had places to be. It wasn't like you ever looked in mirrors anyways. But today was different. You had to look in the mirror.

You were getting ready, for the first time in years, to go to a bar with friends. You had practically forgotten how to do makeup considering you haven't picked up a brush for years. As you laid lipstick down on your rosy lips, you couldn't help but notice the immense change in your physical appearance. That was when you realized just how stressed and tired you really were.

The car was waiting for you downstairs and you didn't have too much time to get ready. Your outfit was bold however. A maroon red and glittery dress that reached the center of your thighs, paired with beige heels and hooped ear rings that seeped in between your hair strands.

Your friend then called you and you picked the phone up bringing it to your ear.

Hello?

your friend asked.

Hey I'm coming. Did you drop Salem off?

Yeah she's at your cousin's house. Hurry up girl.

Yeah yeah sorry about that. I'm on my way.

You hang up the phone and slide it into your purse. You put some last minute necessities into your purse before spraying some perfume on your collarbone and wrists.

"Alright," you exhale while making your way towards the door.

And just like that you were making your way to go to the bar for the first time in what feels like a millennium. You couldn't drink for obvious particular reasons, being a mother meant devoting all of your attention to your child and how could you do that when you're infused with liquor?