Parenthood

It's been a week since jasmine's boat party, and the last time they saw her, which was totally fine by Gwen. Peggy has been staying at Shelia's and Lip still refused to get out of bed.

It was currently morning at the Gallagher house, Fiona was making the kids' lunches, while Pete sat at the table, eating a pop tart. Gwen was still upstairs in bed, she hasn't been feeling the same lately and wants to rest.

Debbie came downstairs, "Where's Grammy and Gwen?"

"Frank took Grammy to Sheila's late last night." Fiona answered.

"And Gwen still in bed, said she wasn't feeling to hot this morning." Pete added.

"The chemicals from the fire was aggravating Grammy's emphysema." Ian informed as he sat at the counter, writing down some notes.

"Will the chemicals give us emphysema?" Debbie questioned, "maybe that's why Gwen not feeling well."

"No, debs, Gwen doesn't have emphysema. At least, we won't know for 50 years." Ian told her.

"Yeah, Deb, Gwen is fine, she just told me she's been feeling really tired lately and not herself. Probably caught something." Pete assured her.

Then there was a loud banging noise coming down the steps and they all turned to fines Carl, with his football helmet on, as he hit it on the wall as he stumbled down the stairs.

"Carl, the team gives you one helmet and if you break it, we can't afford to replace it" Fiona told him.

"Don't matter. Seasons over." Carl said, glumly.

"What?"

"His coach got arrested for exposing himself at the park." Ian informed.

"He was peeing being a shed. A couple of seven-year-old girls saw it." Debbie explained.

"Charming." Pete mumbled.

"I don't get it. Half of the world has penises. Why do people get so upset about seeing them?" Carl questioned.

"Context." Pete and Ian said in unison, making them glance at each other and chuckle.

"What's that?" Carl asked.

"When, how, where and with who." Fiona listed.

"Ian you played. You couch." Carl suggested and Ian shook his head.

"I can't. I gotta work after school, bud, sorry." He said as he pate Carl's back as he got up and grabbed his stuff.

"You going to school early?" Fiona asked.

"Chemistry study group." Ian said as she handed him his lunch bag and walked out the back door.

"Petey, didn't you play ball in high school? You could couch." Carl suggested but Pete shook his head.

"Sorry, bud, but I only played basketball, no football."

Carl turned to Fiona, "Can you coach?"

"I know nothing about football."

"It's just boys crashing into one another. With pads and some... some rules." Debbie said.

"Ask Lip." Fiona suggested.

"He won't do it."

"Wake him and ask. Can't hurt." Fiona said.

"LIP!" Carl shouted and Pete flinched as he sat next to him.

"Or maybe it can hurt." Pete countered, rubbing his ear.

"I could have done that." Fiona said and Debbie smacked the back of Carl's helmet, "Upstairs, please."