Nail Salon~

Before I had the chance to leave the room with Senju, the majestic orange cat, whose name was still unknown to me, decided to use me as a free ride, by jumping straight into my arms. Then it proceeded to loudly meow in the other girl's direction causing her to respond.

"Of course, we going to feed you Cupid, you don't need to worry about that." So that's what the fella was called, how peculiar. As we walked out of the hallway I had a look around the place, however, there were also other things I detected about my current body. Both my arms and legs were so skinny, just nothing but skin and bones. Which wasn't a look of a healthy human for sure.

Once we reached the kitchen the smell of cooked rice hit my nose, looking around I noticed two plates being all set, steaming breakfast on top of the table ready to be consumed.

This truly made me ponder about my relationship with this pink-haired female, because, from all the clues I got, we were indeed living under the same roof. Furthermore, she was ready to cook for me, in the morning no less.

"Eat as much as you can, after all, we can't have you fainting at the nail salon appointment, I am right?" Not knowing how to respond I just nodded my head, meanwhile the kitty jumped out of my hands and scurried toward a metal bowl that was set on the kitchen floor near the door.

I took a seat right after and grabbed hold of a pair of chopsticks, then dug them inside the grilled fish that was on the menu today. I tried some of the rice but quickly discovered that eating in this body felt more like a chore. I didn't feel particularly hungry, but at the same time could sense that I lacked any sort of energy. Once Senju noticed how I had a hard time swallowing the food, she spoke up.

"Come on Michi, you gotta eat some more." Hearing the worry in her voice, made me feel quite bad, however, I quickly figured out that this must have been a daily occurrence for sure, which made me wonder if this body was at the end of its line. Sometimes people who were on the verge of death stopped consuming food, is that what was happening in this case as well?

Scared to find the answer I tried to force myself to finish the meal before my eyes, but soon got surprised by the system's message.

"If you're unable to raise your stats soon, it could end up with you dying." Yes, a perfect way to start a morning. Also, it's not like the system even provided me with an explanation on how to increase those stats in the first place. Then as if someone was tracking my thoughts, another text appeared.

"You can raise stats by completing missions, given to you by the system." I just stared at it, cursing this day out. This couldn't possibly get any worse. I sighed heavily but found myself thanking the heavens for putting at least some points into both Endurance and Strength. I had this vague feeling I would have been already dead if any of my stats hit 0.

I heard myself sigh heavily, which was enough to catch Senju's attention.

"Oh by the way have you heard?" I looked up to meet her gaze.

"I talked with our neighbor next door. It seems like she convinced herself that the reason we live together is because we are secretly lesbians." She just laughed, yet I acknowledged two things. This meant we were not in fact in a secret relationship, and she tried hard to get my mind off something bad, which I still had no clue what it was.

"But if you ever want to become secret lesbians, I'll be up on the offer." I just spit the water I was taking a chug off, causing her to giggle, before she said in a serious tone.

"Oh come on, you're the sole reason I even have work in Tokyo to begin with." I stood up and started to clean the mess I created as Senju continued.

"No matter what company I worked for, somehow they always found out my connection to my brothers, even changing my name didn't help in the slightest. So I kept being fired, just because of our blood connections, can you believe it? Which makes me wonder if those two assholes deliberately were playing some games with me." She slammed her fist into the table, startling me a little.