Family Talk~

"We could celebrate your birthdays and New Year's together, and perhaps outside that arrangement, we could have a monthly dinner as a family. Isn't that a good deal? Huh?" I just hoped that I didn't cross any boundaries with my parents while proposing such an idea on my own. The mom's expression told me she was highly favorable of the whole ordeal. However, when I glanced towards Kazutora I quickly realized something was wrong, did he believe I had an ulterior motive behind this?

"That sounds wonderful and all, but I don't wish to be a spare child for your parents!" The tension rose in the room so quickly, from my research as to why they only conceived one offspring wasn't because they wanted to stop at one, or that the medical bills were too much of a burden, instead they physically couldn't. Therefore they often called me their miracle child.

My mother was in such shock she couldn't even muster to utter one word. Regardless, all I could do was laugh like a maniac.

"You really think this world will have such an easy time getting rid of me?!" It was time for Kazutora to freeze, I could tell he was questioning my sanity and I sure did sound like an edge lord while delivering the line, even adding the action of putting my hand over my face while giving an unhinged look. Maybe I had some knack for acting.

"You actually think I will believe it?" Kazutora questioned, while I understood his reasoning considering he had been hearing about my death coming near every single time he was in my parent's vicinity, I wouldn't let him believe that it was still the case.

"I'm planning to overturn fate itself and no one will stop me. I say my survival chance rose to seventy-five percent and I won't have it any other way." I couldn't predict what the system had in store for me, but it certainly didn't want me dead. Taking all the silly missions into the account I wondered if it was playing with me instead.

Before I could start pushing for my cousin to join my side of the family once more, a call came through, realizing who it was I wondered if a problem had arrived.

"Don't tell me the guy refused to give you your bike back after all that bickering?"

"No, I just want to point out that you didn't visit me tonight." I just stared at the screen wondering why he was spouting that nonsense again.

"I want to see you." I heard his soft voice.

"Since I'm at the hospital that's totally out of the question. Additionally, I'm in the middle of an important conversation, call me later." I sighed while mother looked at me with a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Who was that?" I decided to humor her.

"A guy that would drop to his knee if I ever told him I wanted to get married." That's when Senju entered the room while adding.

"But she won't for know, because the guy looks broke, wouldn't want to attract another bad egg that this time around is there for the money, right?" I just nodded my head, probably that's how she perceived our relationship so far.

"Anyway... I decided to focus on my health recently and I'm sure I can bounce back with my health. So please don't think that me inviting you to my family is for any other purpose than getting to know you better. Besides, I always wanted a big brother, so what do you say Kazutora?" The results weren't what I was expecting he just gave me a single flower and left the building, but why did I think I saw something floating over his head? Was the malnourished giving me hallucinations now? I just laid my head down, embracing for the dizziness to come, yet it never did.

My mom seemed to adore Senju, I could tell she enjoyed her company just by watching her facial expressions and they sure knew how to engage in conversations without me in the picture.