Draken's Shop~

Draken was taken aback by the bold proclamation of me admitting that my death was near, he took a step backward and released Shuji from his grip, so I no longer had to face his torso. I could tell he had mixed feelings about the whole fiasco he created.

"No Michi, you can't die!" I heard my date convey, as he pulled me into a back hug.

"I can't envision my life without you." I heard him whisper into my ear so subtly I doubted the other party inside this establishment even heard it. Was he genuinely so attached to me, because of our previous conversations on Twitter? It was hard to accept.

"Come on, you knew what you were getting into, once you finished reading my book," I reminded him, considering it was mentioned in my biography. To keep it simple, I was suffering from an incurable disease, so doctors estimated me to die in my early twenties. Our conversation got interrupted however because a familiar blonde guy emerged from the shadows.

"I think rather than threatening the poor girl Ken, you should snatch her away from his grip instead." Why was Inupi giving strange ideas to Draken?

That's when I happen to look up, curious about Shuji's reaction to the whole commotion, only to witness his devastated face. Was he truly expecting such an outcome to take place if the guy tried this strategy?

"Wait there, don't jump to weird conclusions. First of all, I'm not even his girlfriend, second I already have enough guys to go on dates with." Two guys seem more than enough.

"There are other guys you plan to take on dates? Were you lying to me when you said you weren't ready for a new relationship?" I put my hand over my mouth, why did I have to expose myself like that?

"See what kind of drama you created?" I posed the question toward the newcomer, who just shrugged his shoulders while admitting.

"I'm not the one cheating on the guy."

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't even think of going there. I wasn't the one who arranged the other date. Besides it would be far too cruel to just ghost him after my precious friend put so much effort into making it happen." It didn't seem like the blonde believed me in the slightest, I could tell by his sarcastic tone.

"Sure, sure."

"So Hanma is not winning in life, that's enough for me." I heard Draken utter, a smile plastered all over his face.

"Ken maybe you should consider helping out the competition instead for even better satisfaction?" Why couldn't Inupi just keep his mouth shut? My date glanced in my direction as if he was begging me to do something about this strange situation.

"So who is the other guy?" Why was this fellow actually taking his friend's advice? Why was he so invested in this? But a solution came to my idea, I still needed him to fix the bike, so I could use this information as leverage.

"I will tell you, but only if you accept making repairs to his bike while giving me a discount for the emotional distress you have given me with all those questions." The two mechanics exchanged looks, probably wondering if this transaction was truly worth their time.

"Deal?" I asked to speed up the progress.

"Deal!" Draken shook my hand, and he dragged me away to the corner of the shop, probably realizing that I didn't want to disclose this information to Shuji. Sure he may have changed over the past decade or so, nevertheless there was no telling if he still liked to use violence in all his everyday conflicts.

"My other date's name is Kawata Souya." The black-haired guy's eyes went wide in shock.

"What a small world we live in." But he quickly added.