Chapter 14

Liliana's POV

I thought about this all day. And still haven't came up with a specific and good reason why she would lie to me like that.

As soon as I finished my work, I grabbed my purse and searched in it for my phone.

I called my husband and checked in on him to see if he was ok. He seemed a bit irritated that I didn't call him all day but he'll be fine.

He won't die.

After the call I got up out of my chair and left my office. I jumped inside the driver's seat of my car, clicked on my seat belt and started up the engine.

I drove to the hotel my boss bought for me to stay in for the night.

Meanwhile With Derek~

Derek was sleeping peacefully on his bed when he heard glass shattering from downstairs.

He got up abruptly and rushed towards the door. He opened it and ran downstairs as fast as he could.

He looked around the living room to see pieces of broken glass everywhere.

Derek- Vanessa!

He called out.

Vanessa- Yes?

Vanessa answered, as she emerged from behind him.

Derek- What did you break?

Vanessa- Oh nothing for you to worry your pretty head about darling...just a glass cup.

Derek's blood boiled.

Derek- Stop calling me darling! I ain't your darling.

He shouted angrily.

Vanessa just smiled.

Vanessa- Awww you look so cute when you're mad.

She laughed. Derek groaned and walked away from her, heading back upstairs to his room.

Vanessa was about to start cleaning up the broken glass when she felt phone buzzing in her back pocket.

She took it out to see Liliana calling. Liliana? Why is she calling so late??

She answered the call.

Vanessa- Hello?

Liliana- Kelly! Heyy girl

Vanessa- Hii how are you?

Liliana- I'm good, I'm doing great.

Vanessa- That's good.

Liliana- Listen...I wanted to talk to you about something....

Liliana sighed softly.

Vanessa's heart skipped a small beat, not knowing what to expect of Liliana's sudden low tone.

Vanessa- Yeah? What is it?