Chapter 21

Liliana's POV

I was sitting on the couch with my feet up on the dinner table. I was binge watching anime all day long.

I usually eat when I'm stressed....which I didn't do in a long while because Derek usually stopped me when I started stress eating.

But he's not here....is he?

My phone buzzed beside me, I picked the remote and paused the TV.

I grabbed my phone and looked at my notifications.

One missed phone call from my mom.....hmmm?

Why was she calling me at this hour? I looked up at the clock on the wall.

11:30....

Mom would usually already be asleep. I called her back.

But....no answer. That's strange. I placed my phone back down and was about to play the TV but stopped when I heard a sound coming from the kitchen.

I froze.....it sounded like something had fallen.

I placed the remote back down and got up slowly. I tiptoed into the kitchen and peaked from behind the wall.

No one....I sighed in relief. It must be my mind playing tricks on me.

I suddenly felt a sharp impact on the back of my head and then my vision turned black.

I felt my body fall to the floor. I opened my eyes a bit to see someone standing in front of me....

Who was it? I don't know....I couldn't see...all of a sudden...I completely blacked out.

Vanessa's POV

I sat in front of the sleeping beauty. She's so ugly...what did Derek ever see in her??

What did she have that I didn't?

Vanessa- Oh you're awake!!

I shouted in fake amusement as she lifted her head to look at me.

She looked around the place confused.

Vanessa- I'm sure you're wondering where you are....it's quite simple. We're definitely not at your house anymore.

I explained with a wide grin.

She started screaming all of a sudden, all I could do was laugh.

Vanessa- No one's gonna hear you scream darling....no one.

She looked at me with frightful eyes.

Liliana- What do you want?

Vanessa- I want....you to stay out of my way, but you just had to kick me out. And you're getting in the way of me and Derek's relationship.

I clenched my jaw.

Vanessa- You don't deserve him at all.... He deserves so much better than you. Someone like me....and I'm gonna have him whether you like it or not.