Chapter 20

Liliana's POV

I got up and walked towards the door. I nodded at the security guard at the gate and walked inside.

I stepped into the room, I looked ahead to see Derek dressed in an orange suit.

I gulped slightly, as I took a seat in front of him.

I looked into his eyes through the flimsy glass separating us.

Derek picked up the phone and placed it to his ear.

I picked up the phone and placed it to my ear, I tried not to make eye contact.

Derek- Baby....

As I heard that word escape his lips I took a deep breath in...

Liliana- Don't...

I looked up at him.

Liliana- You had an affair with her.... didn't you?

Derek froze....

Just from by his expression I knew that it was true.

Liliana- Why? Look...I know that we fight like all the time but...did you really have to go and have an affair with a random woman?

I felt anger building in my chest.

Liliana- You slept with a woman that tried to ruin our marriage and she stepped foot into our house!! And you acted like you didn't even know her!!

I shouted at him. He held his head down, and then he finally looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

Derek- Baby....I'm so sorry. It's just...

Liliana- It's just what?

Derek- It just...happened. I didn't mean to I was just angry and I wanted to release some stress by going out with a friend.

I met Vanessa, we talked for a while...and even tho I told her I was married she wouldn't back off.

My anger exploded.

Liliana- Then why didn't you call me Derek?!

I screamed.

Derek- I-i don't know...I don't know.

He cried.

I can't believe all this happened...he lied to me. Both of them lied to my face....

Liliana- Why didn't you tell me huh?

Derek- I was afraid that you would want a divorce so I just tried to tell her to leave without c-

Liliana- Without feeling guilty? Guilty? Right? I'm your wife Derek! You're supposed to tell me if something's wrong!!

Derek- I'm sorry ok!! I'm sorry!!

He shouted with tears in his eyes. I never ever saw Derek break down in tears like this...it placed a little strain on my heart.

Derek- I'm so so sorry.....

He sobbed.

I placed my hand on the glass, he looked up at me while sniffling.

He placed his hand on the other side of mine. I gave him a small weak smile.

I heard the door swing open, followed by footsteps.

Security officer- Hey!

I looked back at him.

Security officer- It's time to go!

He shouted while pointing at his watch.

I looked back at Derek and smiled slightly.

He gave a slight wave.

I got up and walked out of the room. I walked towards my car and got inside.

I felt a heavy weight weighing on my chest....I couldn't take it anymore.

My marriage was fine until Vanessa came around!!

I broke down. I cried and cried as I clutched the wheel tightly.