Chapter 12 - Naomi

"I can't  believe you, mom, and aunt Linh have your own statue." Hope breathed. And sure enough, the statue is magnificent. The statue looked exactly like her mom, except younger. Naomi didn't know the story yet, because although her parents told her and Hope a lot of what happened, they didn't cover the fact that they had a statue, in middle of Atlantis. Naomi has awesome parents.

"I can't believe we haven't seen this before. We come to Atlantis all the time!" Naomi exclaimed.

Dad laughed. "Sometimes, I wonder that too. Let's go home, your mother just texted me there is a little surprise waiting for us over there.

    "Wow, you two really went all out today!" Hope said giddily.

    "Actually, I don't know what's going on either."Dad replied, and they locked hands and the warm light whisked them away.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Naomi's eyes lit up when she saw the surprise. She ran over to the person that was sitting on the dining table, eating mallowmelt and ripplefluffs.

"Asher!" Hope exclaimed, crushing him in a hug along with Naomi and Dad.

He flashed a smirk, that look just like their dad's. "Bet ya didn't see this one coming!"

"Where have you been! Why couldn't you visit Hope?"Dad asked worridly.

Asher sighed. "The council literally  hates me. They are tracing my every step. I had to beg the guards to let me come home, Dad. I want to stay here, but I am only allowed for the weekend."

     Dad's faced darkened. "We.... Don't have a good reputation with the council... I'm not surprised. I'm sorry, Asher."

    "It's fine. It's not your fault. I think it's also because I used to go to Exillium. And with your.... Past." Asher said.

    "Enough of the super sad depressing stuff!" Naomi interrupted. "Let's play base quest!"

    "Okay,sure. But firstly, where's your mother?" Dad asked.

    "She said she had some 'work' to do. She seemed pretty anxious, Dad. Maybe you should go talk to her." Asher answered.

    Dad laughed. "You know, when we were younger, all she would do is get worried. That's Sophie Foster for you, kiddos."

    "I call teaming with dad!" Naomi shouted as she ran over to her Dad, almost knocking him over when she grabbed ahold of his hand. "I want to beat Asher so bad"

    "Alright, I'm with Naomi then. We are so going to win." Asher retorted.

    "Let's do this! We'll quest first. Let the best team win!" Naomi exclaimed, and immediately, Asher and Hope ran as far away from them as possible.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    "We told you we would win." Hope winked at Naomi, who just rolled her eyes. Dad and Asher started cracking up. They went inside, where they saw mom cooking.

    "Hey Sophie, that smells amazing!" Dad put a shoulder on mom, who jumped so bad that she dropped the glass she was carrying, which crashed on the floor.

    She put a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Sorry, I'm a bit jumpy today." She apologized, and went to pick up her broom.

    Dad chuckled, and Mom gave him a death stare. Asher burst out laughing, and Hope and Naomi joined him. Naomi was so glad to have Asher back, that she couldn't seem to stop.

    "Okay, dinner's ready! We have starkflower stew!" Mom exclaimed, bringing 5 bowls of weird-looking soup to the table. But if Naomi had learnt anything from Elvin food, she knew to never trusts its looks.

    Keefe immediately started on his bowl, and gave a sigh of satisfaction. "When did you got so good at cooking, Sophie? It's so good! Tastes just like Calla's!" He gulped down another spoonful.

    Mom smiled. "Eat up, trust me, you will love it."

    The five of them ate their food happily, gulping down spoon after spoon. They sat in comfortable silence, having multiple servings of the delicious starflower stew.

    643 words!

    I can't believe I have so many reads. It's crazy! And I am so extremely grateful! Thank you so much!

    I may have speedrun this chapter, so sorry if there is some weird parts in it.

    Anyways, I'll see you next time I post a chapter!! Bye!