five.

"el? you there?"

el turned on her bed, putting her phone that was on speaker next to her as she pulled cosmo onto her lap.

clearing her throat, she went and responded. "yes... yes, i'm here," her voice was so quiet he almost couldn't hear.

"so what subject are you on?"

she looked down to her scattered papers and gave cosmo a pet. "bio,"

"i hear cosmo," a laugh escaped him and she began to smile, picking up the phone to put it in front of cosmo.

a purr escaped the black cat and he rubbed his head against el's chest. "say hi, cosmo,"

a meow escaped him and el smiled, bending to press a kiss to the top of his head.

"i think cosmo likes me,"

"he has never seen you," el retorted. "he only likes me,"

"doubt it. once he gets to know me, i'm a hundred percent sure i'll be his favourite,"

"uh, no," she said and a chuckle escaped him. "you'll see, el. one day,"

ugh, the way he said her name.

she cleared her throat, biting down on her bottom lip as she changed the subject. "help me with this," she read the question slowly and waited for him to help her.

"alright," he waited a moment before he started explaining to her.

but she was barely listening to him explain.

she was mesmerised by his voice.

she didnt remember him sounding so... so hot?

perhaps she was way too depressed to notice last time.

"el? el, you still there?"

she hummed, laying on her back with her hand over her stomach whilst cosmo laid on her chest. "still here,"

"you were quiet,"

"because i was trying to understand," she scooted up which made cosmo jump off the bed and slide out of the room.

she reached for her jellycat bunny to hug instead and continued. "i still don't understand though,"

he laughed before saying, "do you want a written answer instead?"

"ooh, yes please," she perked up, "let me send you my other questions," she grabbed her phone, took a photo of her homework and sent it to him.

"would you ever want to meet one day?"

her eyes widened and she stuttered over her words. "um... uh, i like talking to you online instead. no offence but if i put a face to your contact, it'll be a lot of pressure," she said. "i like how i can talk to you freely,"

"oh, i get it,"

"did you... want to meet?"

"i guess. it's nice to have another friend,"

"i guess it's nice to have a friend too," she whispered. "but not now. no meeting now,"

"alright. i'll text you everyday instead,"

a smile slipped out and she giggled. "sure,"

tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she continued. "i'll text you everyday too,"

"good,"

"i'll send cosmo photos,"

"then i'll send photos of my food,"