eleven.

his head was down on the library table, staring tiredly at his locked phone with the saddest gaze.

talk to me, text me, where are you?

hearing a buzz, he jumped up, stared at his phone and sighed when he realised it was just his friends.

will: are you in the library being sad?

mike: no i'm being alone

dustin: why you being alone?

mike: because i want to. don't come bother me.

he locked his phone and continued to stare down at his math homework.

fuck, everything reminded him of her.

get out of my head!

he sighed, trying to sit up straighter as he tried his best to finish his homework.

el would never speak to him like that, why did he just leave it?

was he hurt? yes.

but he still should've said something. he always knew what it was like to isolate himself whenever he felt horribly.

text her, text her.

but it sounded like she didn't want him to text her.

just as he looked up, he noticed a familiar girl enter the library. three books in her arms, a backpack slung over her right shoulder with most of her hair covering her face.

her head was tipped down and she almost walked into a shelf.

she cursed herself, visibly annoyed as she bit down on her lip to stop her tears.

her day was bad enough, she didn't need this.

she walked to the counter, slamming down the textbooks onto the return tray before pushing the strap of her bag up.

the librarian shot her a look and scolded her but she could care less. she had more important things to do.

she looked so drained and mike felt his inside burn from her visibly hurt face.

she turned around, walking down an aisle as she rubbed her hand over her face, holding back a cry.

she hiccuped, struggling to breathe as she snatched a book off the shelf and rushed to the back corner in the library.

she curled up on the floor, bent knees up to her chest as she laid her head on the wall on the side as she sniffled, her chest and stomach heaving rapidly.

she missed him. she needed him but she could never bring it to herself to burden him.

crying, she hugged her knees and bent to press her forehead down to the top of her knees.

it came back, she swore it came back. she just wanted to go home.

she felt her phone buzz in her pocket and she almost didn't want to take it out but she knew she needed to.

mike... was that it?

seeing who it was, she frowned.

it was sad that she only had two contacts in her phone.

her dad and mike.

but there was no mike anymore... she only had her dad.

dad: Kid, you feeling ok? Need me to pick you up?

el: yes

dad: Ok will be there ASAP. Drink loads of water

she didn't care to answer because nothing could fix this.