thirteen.

you should ask her out.

she was asking someone else out as well.

she would never like you, mike. she rather find someone random than find you.

a heavy sigh left his lips as the thoughts of their previous messages from days ago ran through his head.

did she mean it?

he looked up from his phone as he leaned against his locker, seeing the girl he was waiting for to enter the school.

although she had a mask on, he still recognised her from afar.

he waited till she was closer before he pushed himself off of his locker and walked up to her, a smile on his face.

she looked up, blinking as he began speaking, "hey,"

he waited for her response but she pointed to her mask and shook her head.

"you're sick?" he asked, though he noticed her puffy and swollen eyes.

she nodded and then pointed to her mouth, shaking her head before she spoke in a hoarse voice. "no... voice,"

his face morphed into concern. "oh..."

she nodded again and was about to walk away but he stepped in front of her to block her way.

her eyes widened and he exhaled, raising his hands as he spoke. "i wanted to ask you something,"

she blinked, waiting for him to continue.

"you probably don't like me that much, i think. so i'll let you go if you say no," he said, scratching the back of his head before exhaling. "sorry, i don't know why, i'm kinda of nervous but— do you want to hang out after school?"

her brows furrowed.

"it's like a date but it's not a date if you don't want it to be a date," he told her, flailing his heads. "that's if you're free because you could not be free."

she paused, thinking before nodding slowly.

he began to smile. "yeah? you're free?"

she nodded again and he grinned instead. "alright, well we can go straight from school and i'll plan everything.

she paused, holding a hand out as her other hand pulled down her mask. "i'm sick," her voice did not sound like hers but he smiled. "i'm cool with that,"

she gave a weak smile before waving slowly and moving past him.

he smiled to himself, exhaling in relief before he turned the other way to head to class as well.

*.✧.*

el

so did you ask out ur mall guy

huh
oh
not yet
i haven't been free to go
but soon maybe
why?

just wondering

have you asked the girl out?

yeah

oh
well good for you

something up?

nope not at all 😊

wyd?

nothing actually
finishing up some work in the library rn

oh me too

you have study period?