sixteen.

mike waited by his locker, his eyes glued to the entrance of the school as he patiently watched.

he was waiting for her... although she didn't know that.

checking the time on his phone, he realised he needed to be in class in ten minutes which was across the school.

he didn't care though. he just wanted to see her.

just when it was time for him to leave, he pushed himself off the locker with a sigh and turned.

but then, his eyes caught on her entering the school and a smile lit up his face.

he walked to her, watching as she noticed him by tipping her head up.

"hey," he grinned and she gave a weak smile before coughing into her fist. "hi,"

his face morphed into a frown when he noticed her chocking on her breath. "hey, you good?" he reached out to gently pat her back as she turned, pulling a tissue from her pocket to cough into it.

she nodded as her breath calmed down, closing the tissue and putting it away. "i'm fine. what's up?"

he smiled, continuing to rub her back. "nothing, i just wanted to talk to you."

she looked up and then whispered. "something up?"

he shook his head. "nothing... i missed you, i guess. after our date... we didn't talk so—"

"oh," she breathed out. "i wasn't... avoiding you. i wasn't at school."

"i know... i tried finding you,"

"you were?"

he nodded and just as she was about to answer, she let out a choking cough again. "um... sorry, i'm still a bit sick." she looked around. "i think i'm gonna... go..."

"you don't have class?"

"i do but i wanna go," she shrugged and was about to turn but he hooked his arm with hers. "alright let's go,"

her brows furrowed. "you have class,"

"i know but let's go,"

"but i'm sick,"

"i don't care. get me sick," he smiled widely at her and she began to smile too. "okay let's go,"

"really?"

she nodded. "yeah... but we should go before my social battery runs out and i want to leave you,"

"oh shit, yeah let's go," he grinned, holding the door open for her as they exited the school. "so where should we go?"

she tapped her chin and then murmured. "i'm a little hungry... i haven't had breakfast yet,"

"me neither. i think breakfast is perfect then," he smiled and she gave a gentle nod as he led her to his car.

*.✧.*

"i can't eat sunny side ups,"

he furrowed his brows. "what do you mean you can't?"

"i mean i can't," she replied. "by itself. i cant. the yolk taste like yolk." she told him, "unless you put it in some noodles and the yolk is mixed with the soup."

he looked at her for a second before bursting into laughter. "a yolk is supposed to taste like yolk!"

"okay but it tastes better scrambled!" she exclaimed before stabbing her eggs with a fork.

"fine alright," he reached out and took some of her eggs. "let me try,"

she gasped inaudibly, her mouth dropped open with a deep frown as she watched him take her food.