eight.

"cosmo!" el scolded angrily once she opened her bag in the cafeteria.

she continued to whisper hiss at her cat, "i'm going to lock you in a cage next time. why are you in my bag?"

cosmo meowed, rubbing his head agaisnt her hand as she instantly closed the bag. "bad kitty,"

she zipped up her bag and rushed out of the cafeteria, groaning when she realised she couldn't even eat.

she picked up her phone and typed out a quick message.

el: pick me up?

dad: Why? Something wrong? Coming now

el: wanna go home and cosmo snuck into school today so

el: i just realised

dad: If you weren't feeling well, you should have stayed home, kid

dad: I will be out front

el: ok thanks dad

she checked the time, noticing it was just past 10am before sighing, hugging her black bag to her chest.

feeling another buzz, she checked her phone and realised it wasn't her dad.

mike: who tf made school

el giggled at her phone, making sure cosmo had a small hole to breathe before she typed a reply.

el: who knows???

she put her phone away, walking outside of the school as she waited patiently for her father.

she knew he would be here in an instant. the fastest, he was here within minutes.

not sure how but he was.

he arrived within 5 minutes, rolling down the window as he watched her walk up to the car.

she entered the passenger seat, her bag on her lap as she unzipped the zipper, pulled cosmo out before she threw her bag to the back.

"thank you for picking me up," el whispered, pressing a kiss to cosmo's head who purred at her and meowed at hopper.

he turned to her with concern written all over his face. "you feeling down, kid? any pain? fever?"

her head shook. "no, i just wasn't feeling it. and since cosmo snuck in again, might as well just head home." she whispered, buckling her seatbelt as he nodded, putting a hand to her forehead. "alright, kiddo, how about we head for some food first then?"

she blinked in confusion. "you don't need to go back to work?"

"yeah but later. we can head to lunch before i take you home,"

she smiled widely, reaching over to give him a hug. "thanks dad, you're the best."

"no problem, kiddo. come on, let's head for some pancakes,"

she pulled back, humming with a instant nod. "i love pancakes,"

he chuckled, looking over to see that she was ready before he started the car, taking her to the closest diner.

*.✧.*

el

hey
you there?
you haven't been replying much today
el?

hi sorry
i was busy

oh
you busy now?

not really
why?