1.14 ; harsh reality

"Merle! Merle! Get your ugly ass out here!" The man yelled as the nervous group followed behind him waiting to see what would happen next. Outside of the RV, there was a bunch of women waiting and talking with Lori over there trying to comfort her child. "I got us some squirrel! Let's stew 'em up."

He had placed the squirrels down on the back of the truck with his bow and arrow. "Daryl just slows up a bit," Shane spoke up catching the redneck's attention. Everyone knew that it was going to happen and Shane was going to be the best person to tell him that his brother wasn't going to come back to them. "I need to talk to you."

Daryl was much more manageable than Merle was which was the reason; Natalie had liked him more than his brother. Counting the fact Merle was more racist to her best friend in the past weeks than anyone had been to anyone before. But Daryl hadn't said anything on purpose to hate crime Cassie unlike his brother did.

"About what?" Daryl stopped in his tracks turning.

"About Merle." He replied walking closer to him, everyone around watching to see what was going to happen. "There was a... There was a problem in Atlanta" With his hands on his hips he had turned waiting for a reaction. Lori was standing at the door looking at Natalie scanning her from a distance to make sure everything was okay since she did go off without her permission.

Daryl had gone silent looking around everyone silently. "He dead?" Daryl asks pacing around. Glenn grabbed onto the spear he had given Natalie and put it in the back of the jeep as she thanked him for that.

"We're not sure." Shane sighed looking at Rick for help.

"He either is or he ain't!" Daryl had raised his voice; and continued to pace around.

Lori was looking at this nervously; with her hand on one side of the RV watching her husband unsure what to do. "No easy way to say this, so I'll just say it." Rick suddenly spoke up taking Daryl's attention off of Shane.

"Your brother was a danger to us all, so I handcuffed him on a roof and hooked him to a piece of metal," Rick answered seriously walking closer into the face of Daryl who didn't want to look at him. "He's still there."

Squinting and pointing at his head because of this new information. "Hold on. Let me process this." Daryl said pausing for a moment looking Rick in the eye. "You're saying you handcuffed my brother to a roof and you left him there?!"

With a calm tone to his voice. "Yeah." Daryl waited a second backing up a little bit and throwing the dead animals over to Rick going past the man's figure as he just stood there taking it. Going over to run to him; Shane had body slammed Daryl away from Rick getting into defence.

"Hey," T-Dog called from the distance dropping the wood that was in his hands. Daryl had gone into his pocket pulling out a pocket knife and getting up from the ground. "Watch the knife" He had continued.

Daryl had gotten back up from the ground with Ethan, and Shane trying to hold him back from laying a hand on Rick. Shane's muscles went around Daryl's neck holding him in a chokehold as he continued to try and fight. "Chokehold is illegal." He tried to get out kicking and refusing to go to the ground.

"You can file a complaint." Shane had mentioned, sighing before Daryl continued to fight back.

But quickly, Natalie sighed going over and grabbing onto Shane's shotgun and pointing it in the direction of Daryl as he stopped fighting looking at it. Clocking the gun; Everyone had went silent that was around them since it wasn't what they were expecting coming from Natalie.

"Stop fighting..." Natalie warned before feeling bad that she was holding a gun towards him. Understanding why he was mad, and in the state that he was in since she was there one time in her life. "Please."