1.19; pawn hit

The group had circled each other with Jim in the distance pondering what his fate would be knowing it wasn't going to be a good one. "I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it," Daryl suggested turning his back towards the infected man. Natalie stood opposite to Rick who kept trying to get into her eyes seeing that she had something against him in the moment. 

Putting on his head and ducking his head; "Is that what you'd want if it were you?" Shane wondered glaring over to the man who spoke. 

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it."

Searching the faces of people around seeing that they all didn't know what to do at the moment. "I hate to say it... I never thought I would... but maybe Daryl's right." Dale sheepishly spoke up.

"Jim's not a monster, Dale, or some rabid dog." Rick hissed at the old man. "He's sick. A sick man. We start down that road, where do we draw the line?" Rick asked getting angered and raising his voice, Lori had put a hand on her husband trying to calm him down shushing him in the process. 

"The line's pretty clear." Daryl stood in defence not caring if Jim heard what he had to say, "Zero tolerance for walkers, or them to be."

Natalie lifted her head and moved her hair out of her face. "Every move counts we can't afford to be careless anymore." Everyone in the group now had their eyes on her. Since she hadn't said anything about Cassie. "I'm not being careless anymore. Dad." 

Rick ducked his head down nodding. Shane had eyed Natalie just now noticing that she was wearing his clothes, and the '22 necklace was still laced around her neck. 

Knowing that if he just noticed it, Rick couldn't have noticed it at the moment. But feeling Lori's glare turning to him she had noticed it when her daughter had moved her hair out of the way. "What if we can get him help?" Rick continued trying to get the group to understand.  "I heard the C.D.C. was working on a cure."

"I heard that too." Shane sighed running a hand over his head. "Heard a lot of things before the world went to hell."

Rick shifted on his feet; "What if the C.D.C is still up and running?" 

"Man, that is a stretch right there." Looking down at the ground. 

"Why" Rick's words came out demanding. Natalie looked at her dad for a second before feeling Lori's gaze dropping on her. As Shane tried to talk over him defending himself; "If there's any government left, any structure at all, they'd protect the C.D.C. at all costs, wouldn't they?" The Grimes man explained. "I think it's our best shot. Shelter, protection..."

"Okay, Rick, you want those things, all right?" Shane said looking his best friend in the eyes. "I do too, okay? Now if they exist, they're at the army base. Fort Benning." 

Natalie tilted her head a little bit with a shrug to her shoulder agreeing with Rick for a second. "There has to be light somewhere after this- Trust your instinct- that's been keeping us alive" Holding on for a second. "Even you know that Shane," 

"The military were on the front lines of this thing. They got overrun. We've all seen that." Rick shook his head. "The C.D.C. is our best choice and Jim's only chance."

His head had turned back making eye contact with Jim. "You go looking for aspirin, do what you need to do. Someone needs to have some balls to take care of this damn problem!" Daryl exclaimed picking up an axe and heading straight for Jim who was resting against a tree.

"Hey hey hey!" Shane and Rick both yelled rushing after him; Rick pointing a gun to the man's head. Natalie knew he wasn't going to set it off it was just for dominance. Natalie and Shane stood in front of the axe.