2.20 ; lori's shadow

The water poured into the small bucket. Shane had washed his head along hands with it. Natalie sat there to the side, thinking about Rick and Glenn who just went on the look for Hershel not knowing how she felt that she wasn't allowed to go.

Natalie sat back watching Shane doing this work in front of her. "You're mad at me?" He continued to question her about what had happened at the Barn. "You need rest, You're tired-" Waiting for a second there was a ruffling nearing the forest, causing both of them to turn and look towards it.

She knew that he had a point, but still, Natalie had wanted to go with Rick and Glenn to find Hershel and do something instead of sitting around the Farm. Shane had pulled out his pistol, But Natalie was the first to notice that it was Carol. Someone whom she hadn't seen since everything had happened which made complete sense.

"Shane" She had warned him standing up and making her way towards Carol worried about the woman. The man had put the gun away in his back pocket. "Carol" Now calling for her, with the saddened women just walking. "Hey," Natalie had made her voice more softened as if she was mothering her.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey" Shane called her thinking something was wrong. Carol tried to walk past him, with Natalie going over and holding onto her arm softly.

Carol didn't say anything with Natalie wrapping an arm around the women. Carol continued to stay silent just letting the women hold onto her tightly. "You're alright" Natalie whispered to her softly putting a hand on her head.

Natalie's eyes gazed at Shane looking at the man as he went over joining and placing a hand on Carol's back. "Come here, lemme wash the blood off her hands," Shane whispered to Natalie softly motioning for the girl to let her go. Natalie did so letting go of Carol with Shane guiding her over to the water fountain.

Turning her back to see Carol now, nothing but pity had fallen inside of her stomach. She couldn't know how Carol was feeling hoping to never experience that as well.

"I want you to know I'm sorry for your girl," Shane muttered washing off the blood-stained hands.

"Thank you," Carol had finally said something to someone in the past hour.

Shane had continued to clean off her hands with Natalie joining the two of them sitting next to Carol with a sigh. "When I opened that Barn I had no idea...If I did..."

He let out a sigh, trying to get the pieces of dried blood off of Carol before letting out a scoff. "Everybody thinks that I- I was just trying to keep everyone safe." Confessing to the two of them, "I had no idea she was there," Shane looked Carol in the eyes, none of them saying anything else.

"None of us did." Trying to make Carol and Shane feel better. "Not the Greene's not us."

Now looking at Shane when she said that still trying to get that thought off his head knowing that he thought that the Greene Family had known more than they put on they knew from everything that had happened.

After a moment of Silence, Carol had gotten up and walked away from the two of them. Shane turned the water foundation off before putting whatever was on his hands and wiping them on his pants.

Listening to the words that he had said to Carol, Natalie found comfort in them for some reason. How soft he was taking care of her and making sure everything was okay. Shane went over to the bucket, placing it on the steps before Natalie walked up to him turned around and pressed her lips into his. The older man didn't waste another second reaching his hands up and cupping the sides of her head.

Waiting a moment, Shane had moved one of his hands down to her stomach holding it softly and pressing her body against the shed that was behind the two of them causing her to moan.