2.13 ; secrets

Clutching Sophia's worn and buried doll in her hands, Natalie remained silent, her gaze fixed on the battered toy. Seated beside her mother outside the room where Daryl was being tended to, the room that once belonged to Otis, Natalie felt a heavy atmosphere hanging in the air. Lori noticed her daughter's contemplation, hesitating before finally breaking the silence.

"I want to get rid of it," Natalie confessed, turning to Lori, who didn't offer any resistance. The older woman understood the weight of the decision and placed a comforting hand on Natalie's shoulder, gently rubbing it. "I'll talk to Glenn first thing tomorrow," Lori assured her, offering solace in their shared understanding.

"He wants to end the search," Natalie admitted, guilt lacing her words as she acknowledged the reason behind Shane's indifference to finding Sophia. "Shane said the only thing that matters is my safety... I'm turning him selfish," she continued, her gaze returning to the doll cradled in her hands.

"Shane was always selfish," Lori replied, her touch soothing as she ran her fingers through Natalie's hair. "He's just now showing you that side of him, Natalie. People change, especially in times like these."

Looking at the doll she didn't know if the little girl was alive. Sophia had never let go of it. "Why would she let go of it now..." Natalie muttered turning her gaze to Lori. "She wouldn't have just dropped it without a reason..."

Lori had watched the women doubt in the same way that Shane was questioning what they were doing right. "Daryl was shot...and all we found was a doll mom..."

"We trust your Dad's gut okay." Lori kissed the top of her head. "Respect them..." Getting up from the floor she handed the toy towards Lori who grabbed it.

Natalie descended the stairs, the weight of her thoughts echoing in the quiet halls as she approached Carl's room. The soft glow of the lanterns cast a gentle illumination, revealing the room where her younger brother lay asleep. Seating herself on a nearby chair, she observed Carl's peaceful slumber, contemplating the complexities of her situation.

As the dim light outlined the contours of his face, Natalie couldn't help but wonder what Carl would think about the news she carried — the impending arrival of a new life.

Would he be excited about the prospect of a niece or nephew, imagining the laughter and footsteps that might echo through the once-quiet halls? The room held a serene stillness, allowing Natalie to dwell on the unknown and brace herself for the inevitable conversations that lay ahead.

Knocking on the door Natalie had turned to Glenn walking in worried. Taking a second the boy with a hat on walked over seeing that Carl was asleep as he sat down on the chair next to her seeming to have a lot on top of his mind. "How did you know, you wanted to have sex with Shane?" Was the question breaking the silence?

Natalie had turned to the man confused where this was coming from. "Uhm..." Flustered by the question and nodding to leave the room just in case Carl woke up to their conversation.

The two of them had left Carl's room Natalie closing the door behind her quietly. "Where is this coming from" Lowering her voice crossing her arms and eyeing Glenn confused by this.

"Me and Maggie....at the pharmacy, I had to make up some excuse and I grabbed the condoms..." Raising her head not shocked by this smirking towards Glenn since he had found someone. "But she...I don't think she liked it..."

"Is she avoiding you?" Natalie questioned from experience.

Glenn had nodded his head; "She wants you," Hitting his shoulder a little bit. Quickly she had noticed the man become flustered by the whole thing. "At the beginning, he had started to avoid me, until it all built up...And it's not a relationship."