2.05 ; last signal

Rick and Shane took a moment for a private discussion, attempting to comprehend the situation and plan their next moves. Meanwhile, Carl approached Natalie, perched on the steps, seeking answers. She wished she could be inside the church, but the gravity of the situation held them all at the front, awaiting the decisions of Shane and Rick.

"Will we find her?" Carl inquired, his eyes searching Natalie for reassurance.

"Yeah," she replied, attempting to maintain a positive mindset. "Maybe someone from another team found her... someone out there looking out for her."

Carl nodded, settling next to his sister, and she rested her head on his shoulder. Together, they waited, until Shane pivoted and walked back towards the group. "Ahm," he cleared his throat, scratching his head. "Ya'll gonna follow the creek bed back, okay? Daryl and Ethan, you're in charge... Me and Rick, we're just gonna hang back, search this area another hour or so, just to be thorough."

Ethan, however, was sceptical about the decision, hands on his hips. "Splitting us up wouldn't be the smartest right now. A little girl is missing... don't want another one?" Carol shot him a stern look, unimpressed by his indifferent demeanour.

Daryl sought confirmation from Shane, squinting his eyes in suspicion. "You sure?" Shane nodded, confirming. 

"Yeah, we'll catch up to you." Rick joined Shane in conversation with the group.

Carl stood up, leaving Natalie's side, and approached Rick and Shane. "I want to stay too... I'm her friend."

Natalie refrained from expressing her desire to stay, knowing Shane would find a way to send her back to the camp. Yet, since Carl believed Shane was upset with him, she saw an opportunity. Rick exchanged a glance with Shane, who smirked and nodded. Lori broke the silence with a motherly reminder, "Just be careful, okay?"

"I will," Carl affirmed, turning towards Lori, only to be engulfed in a tight hug.

Natalie motioned for him to come to her, handing him the requested knife. "Cool," he mumbled, eyeing the knife now in his grasp.

Playfully tilting his head to the side, Natalie teased, "Protect them." Lori hugged Rick and kissed him, and Carl followed suit. Natalie observed Shane's gaze on Andrea, a twist in her stomach at the sight. Andrea, older and more experienced, seemed an obvious choice for Shane to accompany.

Daryl handed Lori his spare gun, and Shane looked towards Natalie. She crossed her arms, walking away with annoyance evident. The group began their journey back to the camp, passing through the graveyard for a sombre moment.

Venturing into the dense woods, only a fleeting period had elapsed since they distanced themselves from the group containing the men and Carl. Natalie discerned an air of contemplation and concern in Lori's demeanour, evidently second-guessing the decision to let Carl join them on this expedition. 

The sun, in its gradual descent, cast a warm glow on the surroundings, creating a sense of urgency as the dwindling daylight imposed a constraint on their return.

Glenn had gone in front of Natalie as she caught up with her mom not helping it. "You're only looking out for me..." Natalie turned with Lori grabbing her attention now listening to her daughter. "We were both drunk." 

"I'm sorry..." Lori had finally apologized. "This isn't the time to fight, if-....if I was in Carol's position." 

Quickly silencing her not putting that mood inside of the air. "Well, you're not...I'm here."