2.27 ; his power

The absence of Dale loomed over the group like a spectre, casting a shadow of grief and guilt over each member. 

They all mourned his loss, recognizing that he had died while trying to uphold his principles, a burden that weighed heavily on their collective conscience. In his honour, they resolved to handle matters the way Dale would have, adhering to his moral compass rather than Rick's leadership.

As they gathered to bury Dale and pay their respects, Natalie stood amongst the sombre assembly, clad in clothes that felt too heavy with sorrow. Her eyes were fixed on the freshly dug grave, nestled alongside those of Otis, Maggie's mother, and brother. The sight served as a stark reminder of the cost of their existence in this harsh new world.

Feeling the weight of Shane's gaze on her, Natalie clenched her fists, her nails digging into the fabric of her clothes. 

She had purposefully avoided him all morning, unwilling to entertain any conversation or confrontation with him. She sensed his frustration simmering beneath the surface, a palpable tension that hung in the air between them like a heavy fog.

With each passing moment, Natalie's resolve hardened, steeling herself against the turmoil that threatened to consume her. She had risen early that morning, seeking solace in the quiet stillness of dawn, determined to distance herself from Shane's presence. The thought of engaging with him, of allowing herself to be drawn into his orbit once more, filled her with a sense of dread and defiance.

Yet, despite her best efforts to keep her distance, she couldn't shake the feeling of his eyes burning into her, his silent accusation hanging between them like an unspoken truth. 

As the group gathered to bid farewell to Dale, Natalie found herself grappling with a tumult of conflicting emotions, her grief mingling with anger and resentment, all while she struggled to come to terms with the loss of a beloved member of their makeshift family.

"He knew things about us, the truth about who we are," Rick told them, and everyone made sure to listen. "In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity, he said this group was broken the best way to honour him is to unbreak it, set aside our differences and pull together, Stop feeling sorry about ourselves. We're not broken, we're going to prove him wrong. From now on, we're going to do it his way. That's how we honor Dale." 

Natalie had stayed silent, Rick stood there for a second with Lori rubbing his arm comfortability. One by one everyone started to walk away to a Walker hunt making sure nothing was close by. Shane, Daryl, Andrea, and T-Dog going in the blue truck. 

Carl seemed to be closer to Lori and Natalie than he normally was almost bound to them. "How are you feeling?" Ethan appeared next to her, putting his hands inside his pocket. He wasn't here for the moment Dale died, instead, he was supposed to be on Randell's watch and Daryl told him to keep an eye. 

"Tired," Natalie admitted walking next to him. 

The two of them had tried to listen to Rick putting aside their differences with one another and trying to talk through it. "Daryl said you were up late," He had confirmed causing her to nod. "So what's going on with you and Shane," 

"Nothing, still pregnant." Pointing and holding her stomach which still wasn't showing yet. Both had made it to the truck, packing it up with the guns and ammo that was lying around. "Would you help me around, Glenn's going to help with the moving" Natalie finally asked for something that Ethan had been waiting for. 

He looked at her nodding right away; "Of course, the less I can help" Putting the box on the truck and closing it up leaning a bit eyeing Natalie. "You talk to your brother?"