1.17; stop...

Returning to the campsite, a palpable tension lingered in the air, even with Jim securely handcuffed to a tree under Shane's watchful eye. People moved restlessly, checking on Jim intermittently. 

Seated on a log, Natalie gazed into the void, the absence of any soothing drinks exacerbating her sense of helplessness. Beside her, Carl engrossed himself in colouring, aided by Lori's supportive presence. Carol, engrossed in conversation with her daughter, lent an air of reassurance to their sombre surroundings.

Natalie's vacant stare fixated on Shane, who maintained a calm dialogue with Jim. He was the singular figure she wished to engage with, someone who could potentially offer solace and help her escape from the haunting memories. 

Cassie sighed audibly as she settled down beside Natalie. "My dad is trying to cover the graves, or whatever they are," she commented, her gaze also riveted on Jim as he remained restrained. The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on everyone, the burial site a constant reminder of the harsh reality they faced.

Pressing her hands together; "Maybe he had a point in making them." Her words almost came out ominous as she didn't mean for them to cause her to perk up trying to cover for me. "No, I mean-...We've seen a Walker already." 

"Everything okay?" Lori turned eyeing Natalie, Carl didn't look up from his coloring but listened to whatever she was saying. 

But before she could answer; "Sorry if I scared your boy and your little girl." Jim snapped Lori out of the conversation turning and looking at the man next to Shane. 

"You had sunstroke." Lori didn't blame him smiling a little bit with her legs crossed. "Nobody's blaming you." 

Jim eyed Carol's little girl tilting his head a little bit. "You're not scared now, are you." 

"No sir." Sophia had commented. 

Wiping the tear that was going to come out of her eye cause of the fact the wind was blowing right into her eye. She wanted her dad; to talk to her dad for a second about everything. 

Carl had looked up at him for a second. "Your mama's right. Sun just cooked my head is all." Turning her head, Natalie had wanted to get up and walk away; so she did. Getting up from the log and sniffling. 

"Where you-" Lori had grabbed her attention. 

"Tent," Natalie said softly, tired to move all the way and starting to walk past Shane. His eyes didn't move from her as she walked and made her way towards the tent by herself. 

"You worried about your dad?" Jim's words had come out to Natalie before she could fully walk away from the group. Lori had lifted her head turning in the direction of her daughter, who turned around not knowing why this was being asked. "You were in my dream, worried about him." 

Lori rubbed Carl's back knowing the boy was beginning to be worried. Turning around and walking back to the group. "That's enough right?" She asked nicely. 

"Your dad's a police officer." Jim tried to make the two not worried anymore. "He helps people. Probably just came across some folks needing help, that's all. That man, he is tough as nails. I don't know him- but I could see it in him. Am I right?" 

Shane didn't break eye contact with Natalie. "Oh yeah." He looked the girl in the eyes, knowing that she had a lot going on and running inside of her mind. 

"Nothing is going to stop him from coming back here and getting back with his family." Jim continued. "I promise you that." 

Shane grabbed the bucket that he had put down. "Who wants to help me clean some fish." Carl and Sophia had quickly stood up; Shane had looked directly into Natalie's eyes almost as a motion for her to come along so that the two of them could talk. Her mom had taken a second to tell Carl that he had to stay with Sophia.