Chapter 8. Reassurance

There is no content warnings for this chapter, please enjoy xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

"I know, Yeosang." Wooyoung sighs, holding his phone against his ear as he settles back into the sofa. "I just don't know how to feel right now."

"So are you nervous? Angry?"

"A bit of everything." Wooyoung mumbles, brows pinching. "Maybe everything and nothing all at once."

"I know this is hard, Woo." Yeosang tries to reassure, but Wooyoung was honestly tired of hearing that sentiment. "Have you talked to San about any of it?"

"No." Wooyoung locks eyes with the television ahead of him, watching commercials pass by his vision without interest. "I've avoided talking about it. I know he doesn't want this just as much as I don't. I feel like talking about it is about the same as talking to a wall. Nothing is going to change. We have to do this. We don't have a choice."

"I know it feels kind of hopeless, but you know you can always rely on me and Hwa, right?"

"Of course I know that." Wooyoung leans his head back, staring up at the ceiling. "I just needed more time."

"More time for what?"

"I said this to Hwa a few days ago," Wooyoung says in a mumble. "After they explained that we were going to be married in two weeks rather than a couple of years, I told Hwa that I needed more time so I could allow myself to actually try and love him."

"But you can't force yourself to love him, Woo."

"No, I know I can't. With this time frame, it kind of feels forced, somehow. But if I had time. . . it would be easier to accept. I don't see marriage the way my mother does, and I never have. I can't imagine being married to someone I don't love."

"Who says that you can't try to love him now?"

"I can't fall in love with someone in two weeks, Yeo. Not to mention, he will never feel the same as me."

"You know what it sounds like to me?"

"Oh boy–" Wooyoung sighs. "Do I really even want to know?"

"You don't have a choice because I'm gonna say it anyway."

"Okay, spill."

"You like him way more than you're ever going to admit to me or to Hwa. There's something going on between the two of you, something you're both stubbornly ignoring because of the circumstances. Wouldn't it just be better to admit that you might actually like him? Wouldn't it just be easier to go through this together, officially?"