Chapter 33. Promise

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐒𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

Getting out of bed was a careful operation, one that San had to play in a game of patience and utter silence. Last night they had both conquered a bottle of wine and an entire pizza, soaking up a sappy romance before sinking their teeth into one another with their bodies pressed against each other.

It was still early; the sun barely shining over the horizon as it began its ascent, curling over the city as a new day dawned. San eventually wove his way off of the bed, carefully tucking the blanket more carefully around Wooyoung before he snuck into the en-suite, closing the door to minimize the noise by any means possible.

The bathroom was set in a gentle light, looming over the clean marble countertops and porcelain, shining sinks. The dark metals contrasted the marble countertops gracefully, the dark oak of the cabinets provided subtle warmth amidst the colder tones of metals and marble, leaving the space feeling modern, yet elegant and clean.

As San turned on the shower, he shed his clothes quickly, tossing them away into the nearby laundry tote, wrapping a fluffy towel on a hook nearby, hanging loosely against the wall in wait. The water rained down quickly, steam slowly enveloping the room and fogging the large, black framed mirrors. San's hand carefully hovered beneath the stream of water, feeling as it slowly began to warm to the ideal temperature. With a breath, he enters inside, closing the acrylic door, allowing his skin to melt beneath the comfort of the warm water.

There was a new found tension resting under the depths of his skin, radiating around his neck and shoulders, now suddenly beginning to ebb beneath the flow of the water. He was worried, quietly and silently, struggling to figure out the best way to reassure Wooyoung of his presence. Knowing that the younger had felt lonely in his absence made his heart swell with guilt, and the knowledge of said guilt had hung over him like a burdensome cloud. He had briefly spoken to Hongjoong about the best way to reassure Wooyoung, seeking advice, not completely sure about what he could do given that their public status was engaged, but not to one another, and rather to others.

Hongjoong had mentioned a promise ring, which, at the time, felt like a young lovers' thing to do, however, as San sat and thought about it, the idea began to make more and more sense. He didn't want to be too sentimental about it, but the thought of Wooyoung carrying something as a reminder of their relationship, a forever promise that they'd come back to one another and one day marry, felt as good of a reassurance as any.

Wooyoung would sit and mess with the previous engagement ring like a fidget, twirling it around, studying the diamonds within it, letting the light shine against the metals both silver and titanium. San had expressed to Wooyoung that he could merely do whatever he felt right with the ring; wear it, sell it, or simply put it away as a memory of what once was. San had been indifferent, as he always wanted what was best for Wooyoung in the end. Yet, the younger sat in their wardrobe, studying the ring, looking at it with a myriad of hope and light, tinged with the darkness that pain brought.