Chapter 35. Forever

AN: I would like to note that Insatiable's tone will change from here on out. The story will be heavier, and domestic violence/abuse will be come a common topic as the story unveils parts of Wooyoung's past that he had hidden from everyone who got close to him. The darkness the story will bring forth will not last forever, but as we near Insatiable's ending, do know that the tone as a whole will drastically change.

There is mentions of abuse and domestic violence within this chapter, please be advised and do not read any further if this topic is sensitive to you.

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

The world was crumbling at the seams. Everything felt like a dream, a mere collapse of reality, a fracture within the picture perfect mirror he had been staring into. The weight of knowing that everything he once treasured and possibly longed to forget had suddenly been a lie, and worst of all, the years of neglect and tortuous verbal abuse had all been for nothing.

The moments of childhood, lost and crying in his locked bedroom, listening to the irate mutterings of belittlement, enveloping the home in a cast of hostility and disapproving parents, all lost in the veil of a lie. The happier memories, ones spent at an amusement park, going to the zoo, meeting his friends and trying to stay afloat within the tumultuous waters of his own home had come to a crashing reality, bringing every memory down from their place on an internal scape of his wall. Each picture, each memory, fell to the ground, shattering the glass and snapping its frame, painting a new image of the people he once treasured and despised all in one motion.

As a young child, Wooyoung truly loved these people, though as he got older and Beomgyu started to grow into a sense of himself, the hate and the disdain these people withheld for him became more apparent. He wasn't ever good enough, locked away in his room, reading books and enveloping himself in music, trying to ignore the yelling and pleading on the other side of his locked bedroom door.

A bad grade would turn into a contest of wills, burning, dark eyes glaring back at him, casting out a storm of words filled with hate and disdain, asking over and over again why he had begun to be so worthless. A marked letter grade down caused an entire argument, spelling the end for Wooyoung's love towards the people that were supposed to care and love him, only bringing forth a sense of isolation and self-hatred, reminding himself of why he was always alone, and always second place to everyone else.

It seemed as if no one cared. He was adrift at sea, floating in the dark waves, waiting for anyone to come past to save him; but the longer he laid there, the longer he waited, and the longer no one ever came. He got used to this loneliness, watching as Beomgyu got everything he desired, earning high marks and getting gifted things he wanted in return. Wooyoung resorted to art and creativity, but the moment his parents found out that he had been abandoning his studies for something more creative, the threats became worse.