Chapter 20. Rivalry

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"What the fuck?" San says, looking at Wooyoung. "So they didn't tell you about this?"

"Nope." Wooyoung takes his phone back, staring back down at the headline again. "They lied to me. Again. Kept shit from me like they always do."

"Baby," San says softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Do you want to go talk to your parents?"

"Maybe it'd be best to hear it straight from the source rather than some news article." Wooyoung shrugs. "But, it seems like she didn't even tell Yeosang, and he's her fucking assistant."

"Relax, love. We can get the answers that we want. I won't let them deceive you, or us, like this."

"But, Wooyoung–" Seonghwa interjects quietly. "Why would he be engaged all of the sudden? It's not like your engagement was called off."

"I don't know." Wooyoung's jaw tightens, shutting his phone off. "All I know is that my brother is engaged to Sun-hee, of all fucking people, and on top of that, my parents are up to something incredibly suspicious."

"I'm sure there's something they're hiding." Hongjoong confesses. "Eun Media is always careful about what they say about Jung Technologies, especially in regards to the arrangement and everything, but I've heard San's father talking a bit about an extension of some sort."

"An extension?" Wooyoung nearly gasps out, brows furrowed. "For what? There's nothing more that they need!"

"I think it's best if we go get the answers ourselves, love." San says quietly, pulling Wooyoung's attention back towards him. Wooyoung feels the panic drift away suddenly, finding a calming presence lingering within San's gaze. San knew exactly how to soften all of Wooyoung's tumultuous worries, bringing him back to Earth, centering him with subtle reassurance.

"But–" Wooyoung's brows pinch. "Sun-hee? Aren't you bothered by this?"

"I am." San says softly, reaching for Wooyoung's hand as he turns in his chair completely to face Wooyoung, trying to fully breach through the wave of worry presenting itself. "I'm not letting her get to me anymore. I know she's planting herself within my field of view in a desperate ploy to win me back. It's not going to work. I love you, never her. Whatever she has planned is going to fall through and land her right back to where she belongs; alone."

Wooyoung immediately melts, his head slightly tilting, a smile finally curling on his lips gently. "Do you think my parents will be honest?"

"No." San sighs, squeezing Wooyoung's hand. "But we have to try, don't we?"