Chapter 48. Anew

There is slight discussion of domestic violence/physical abuse in this chapter. Please do not read any further if this subject is sensitive to you.

 Please do not read any further if this subject is sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"Sun-hee?" San asks, paused in the corridor, staring at the figure that had once been a ghost, and was now a horrifying version of reality.

"Can we talk, San?" Sun-hee's voice was tentative, calm; a complete contrast to the usual tone she withheld.

Wooyoung raises a brow, his eyes scaling down Sun-hee before meeting her gaze again. She looked. . . sad, or maybe even guilty. Things Wooyoung hasn't seen really come across her features before. He was used to seeing her dismissive and angry, maybe even a bit judgmental or skeptical. Sun-hee didn't seem capable of true human emotions, leaving Wooyoung to believe that she was just programmed to be this vile creature cast in a world filled with empathetic people that she preyed on. Almost like a vampire, but rather than drinking their blood, she feasted on their vulnerabilities, turning them into her own desires and pleasures, seeking to make others miserable while she simply thrived.

To see her like this was a little surprising, to say the least.

"Talk?" San asks, hesitantly remaining in place, almost as if he was too afraid to take a step closer. "There's nothing for us to talk about."

"Please. . . just–" Sun-hee sighs, "just for five minutes. That's all I ask."

San's grip on Wooyoung's hand tightens before he turns to glance at his partner, but Wooyoung was unsure of how to console him through this. It wasn't everyday that your ex showed up, unannounced, at your apartment door, moments after exposing the truth in regards to a previous relationship. It was a delicate situation, and Wooyoung knew that more than anything else, that San needed to feel supported in all of this.

"She can have five minutes," Wooyoung mutters, stroking his thumb along the side of San's hand. "I'm right here with you. You won't be alone."

Assured, San offers a quick, small smile in return, turning back to glance at Sun-hee almost a bit expressionless, keeping his tone even. "Five minutes. Nothing more."

Sun-hee nods, a small smile that seemed woven with gratitude leaking through her usual facade, leaving Wooyoung slightly confused, wondering as to what she really wanted to discuss.

Slowly, San lets go of Wooyoung's hand, shuffling around the keys that remained in his grasp, moving towards the door with Wooyoung close behind him. Sun-hee takes a few steps back, her hands timidly clasped together in front of her, her eyes glancing down at the floor the moment she likely felt Wooyoung's eyes upon her.