Chapter 27. Seek

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"He's–" Wooyoung stammers, standing near the entrance of the meeting room's doorway, his arms falling away from their place against his chest. "He's my what?"

"We've bound you into another arrangement for the sake of the company. Beomgyu withholds the title now, but the beneficial compromises we have attained from this–"

"Stop talking." Wooyoung stares at his mother, his jaw tight, his gaze unwavering. "How fucking dare you sign me away again? After everything you've been told and after everything I've fucking been through, you're just going to sign my body away for the sake of what? A fucking paycheck?"

"Watch your tone," his father chimes in, his eyes sharp with conviction, laced with a deepening anger that makes Wooyoung take a step backwards. He's seen those eyes reflect this same intent more than once, one that caused him to run off, hiding away behind a locked door, too afraid to linger in an open home where his own father lived and breathed.

"If Beomgyu has the title to this company now, why even bother pulling me back in? My name in the media is trashed now. Won't they be confused? I was just about to marry someone not even a month ago, and I'm already promised off to someone else?" Wooyoung shakes his head, turning to glance at Minho. "I don't even know him, and I am not even remotely over everything that happened with San. I can't do this–"

"You don't have a choice. Be a fucking adult." Wooyoung stares at his father, swallowing the tears threatening to spill over. "He accepted this like a mature young man, and I implore you to do the same."

"Wooyoung," his mother starts, "none of this will be released to the media for another month or so. We are building our contracts slowly, comparing numbers and investment scales. Allow us time to work together, and in turn, we are allowing the two of you to get acquainted."

"No offense to you, Minho," Wooyoung starts, looking back towards his parents. "You two made me break off from someone I truly loved, and now I have to sit here and force myself to live with someone else? Let alone, to marry him, too? You're cruel."

"Love is but a feeble emotion." Wooyoung watches as his father rises from his seat, straightening out the suit jacket he had been wearing. "You'll learn that with time that love is meaningless. You are an asset to an empire, and it's very grounds, the ones that provide you with wealth and an ability to indulge in every desire you wish, is crumbling. This marriage, as well as your brother's, will keep us afloat. I suggest you get to know Minho, because you are not talking your way out of this."