Chapter 39. Turbulence

This chapter is heavy with descriptions of depression, anxiety, with minor mentions of abuse and child neglect. Please be advised and do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please be advised and do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"San, what do you mean?" Wooyoung asks, leaning up against the counter, raising his brow.

"I'm tired of this," San admits, his jaw tight, his steps slowly pacing around the space of the kitchen. "I can't keep running, Wooyoung. I'm terrified and I'm stressed, I can't sleep, I barely take care of myself–"

"Sannie, I never asked you to do all of this for me." Wooyoung watches as San turns, a flash of irritation glimmering in his gaze.

"I moved heaven and earth for you, Wooyoung. Do you know how you sound when you say that?" San asks, stopping his anxious trek, paused in the midst of the kitchen, staring at Wooyoung with a new emotion crossing his gaze.

"It makes me feel like shit knowing that all of this is going on with you, and you're not even bothering to tell me any of this!" Wooyoung's voice slightly raises, laden with disappointment and sadness, but the only emotion Wooyoung could pull from San in response was a hidden bout of irritation mixed with something unfamiliar.

"Oh, yeah, because I want to sit here and express every single bad thought I'm having when the entire world is crumbling on your shoulders? That's selfish, Wooyoung. I can't do that to you," San expresses, causing Wooyoung to shift the weight between his feet.

"We promised to never lie to each other, San."

"And now you're telling me that I'm a liar? That I lied to you?"

Wooyoung is silent, watching as San shakes his head, his jaw tight in disbelief.

"After everything I've done for you, you're going to stand here and tell me that I'm a liar?"

"What else am I supposed to say, San? You know that I'm grateful, but I never asked for you to just bend to my every will and wish like some sort of love-sick prince!"

San takes a step closer, his eyes darker, lost of the usual glimmer that Wooyoung was used to seeing. "I'm done."

"Wait–" Wooyoung's brows pinch, watching as San grabs his keys from the counter nearby, walking through the home, his steps leading him towards the front door. "San? What are you doing?"

"If I'm such a liar and do too much to try and make you happy, then I'll just see myself out," San says, his voice slightly wavering as he laces his shoes, knelt down at the front door, his keys slightly jingling in his hand.