Chapter 29. Fear

There is mentions of mental health/onset anxiety in this chapter, please be advised and do not read any further if this topic is sensitive to you.

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

Married. To other people.

Wooyoung takes an uneasy step backwards, his hand reaching upwards to press against his forehead, eyes fluttering shut in an attempt to ground himself amidst the sudden, horrific news. They could work around Wooyoung's arranged marriage, surely, all with the help of Hyunjin and Felix, however, this added another element they hadn't anticipated.

Wooyoung's stomach is twisting and turning, squeezing uncontrollably with an onset of anxiety, suddenly making him feel undeniably ill. San turns to him, wrapping a hand around his hip and pulling him closer, trying to keep him steady as the revelation hangs over them like a weary cloud. Though, the weirdest thing of all, is that Wooyoung nearly feels unable to feel anything. Sure, he feels ill, but there were no tears, no fear, no anger and no disdain; just pure unbridled numbness that licked through his veins and took place in the forefront of his mind.

He was used to this; this unfortunate wave of disappointment and change that altered his life without choice. He was merely a puppet in his parent's scheme, moving along by strings per their instructions and demands, living and breathing if only they deemed it fit. Having to marry Minho was shocking enough, but now knowing that San was being married off too, Wooyoung no longer feels as if he has any emotional strength to express anything.

"Baby," San murmurs softly, moving his other hand to gently cup Wooyoung's cheek, pulling his gaze towards him, trying to allow him to focus on something else rather than the crashing of their future plans. "Hey, it's okay. I'm right here."

"Is it okay?" Wooyoung's hand falls away from his face, looking up to meet San's gaze, uncertainty and fear bestowed in his hues. San swallows tentatively, searching Wooyoung's eyes, unable to formulate a response that would ease the pain of any of this.

"We can tell you the details if you want," Hongjoong interjects gently, taking a step forward to step onto the patio decking. "Or, we can enjoy the cabin and forget everything taking place in Seoul."

Wooyoung glances at Hongjoong, then to Seonghwa, moving away from San's embrace with a shake of his head. Dejectedly, he folds his arms against his chest, walking indoors, leaving the trio of his friends alone outside, wanting a moment of respite to calm the thoughts taking place.

Wooyoung never wanted to distance himself from San like this, but the innermost parts of himself were at war, battling over an ideal that he wasn't even sure was worth fighting over. He wanted San to be free of this, to never have to be this deeply set in pain and sadness. Part of him knew the easiest option to avoid ruining San like he had feared, and yet he clung to him selfishly, pulling strength from him and loving him with everything he had.