Chapter 34. Rumbling

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

The moment San leaves the apartment, Wooyoung moves back into cleaning the kitchen. The apartment itself was relatively clean, as it usually wasn't too messy, but without San here to properly distract him, he figured a little deep cleaning wouldn't hurt.

So, he wets a rag, wiping down the counters with his phone playing subtle music in the back pocket of his jeans, humming along contently as the music plays on. He continues on for a few minutes before setting the rag down in the sink, turning on the faucet to rinse it out beneath the stream of the water. He squeezes the rag, watching the water curl down into the drain before turning the faucet off, letting the rag sit on the partition dividing both sides of his sink. He wasn't sure how long San was going to be gone, but he supposes that it would at least be an hour or two before he'd be back for the night.

Wooyoung stands in the kitchen, palms flat on the counter, looking down the sink as his mind succumbs into a series of thoughts, ones he'd rather ignore, but found himself alone and unable to rid himself of them. They were the typical, anxious thoughts, ones that had constructed themselves out of the pure worry that this meeting with Ara would end up with San being pursued by her.

Truthfully, Sun-hee was a horrible person to be tied into a secretive agreement with. Wooyoung hated her from the moment they had met, knowing that deeper down, her attitude and her jealousy were callous traits that hid a deeper, darker secret. She was manipulative and an overall bad person, and at least with Sun-hee, Wooyoung knew what to expect. Sly glances, grimaces, comments beneath her breath, a fake smile or two; textbook behaviors of a possessive, manipulative partner. As for Ara, Wooyoung knew nothing about her. That's not to say he was banking on her also being a horrible person, but Wooyoung knew his boyfriend. He was kind, empathetic, and incredibly attractive. He knew the type of attention San brought to himself merely by existing, and a part of Wooyoung worried that this obsessive, toxic cycle of behaviors would begin all over again, almost like some sort of karmedic plot to fully ruin his life.

He blinks back to reality, his jaw tense, fingers having curled into the counter, his eyes blinking twice more to grab some sort of semblance of himself as he teetered back into coherency. His mind was a raging battlefield, spent with men clashing with swords and axes, purely medieval, too vicious and brutal to be fought with mere guns. He would just sit a bare witness to each trivial fight, watching as the side that protected his heart crumbled and failed, time and time again, while the other half of him, the side filled to the brim with his raging, rampant darkness, swarmed by his own internal demons and catastrophic thoughts, always somehow managed to win over the light. He could just stand there, unable to move, unable to plead for a different outcome or for mercy, watching as the demons that clouded him moved closer, wrapping their tendrils around his throat, suffocating him with ideas that were far too extreme to be likely.