Chapter 30. Beginning

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

A week passes.

Wooyoung and San had long since left the cabin, returning back into the quiet depth of their apartment, living amongst the chaos of boxes and empty space. They had been dancing around the idea of moving for weeks, avoiding talking about it or even packing items away into the accumulation of boxes that had begun to horde the living space. Yet, here they were, settled in the walk-in closet, packing away shirts and bottoms, leaving the racks and hangers barren.

Wooyoung was moving slowly, his phone playing subtle music from the bench behind him in an act to fill the void space that the room had been seemingly filled with. Ideally, Wooyoung would love nothing more than to be enjoying a move into a shared home, but the circumstances of this move were anything but happy.

"Want any help?" San asks from the doorway, his eyes gazing through the mess of boxes and askew hangers.

"Can you maybe move some of these boxes out? Ones that are full?" Wooyoung looks over his shoulder to ask, his gaze tired, yet so incredibly soft.

"Yeah, I can set them down near the rest of the boxes. Which ones are full?" San takes a few steps into the closet, gazing over the few that had been labeled in sharpie ink while others remained opened and blank.

"Just the two nearest to you. I'm still working on this third one," Wooyoung smiles softly at San, his head tilting. "Did you finish packing your closet yet?"

"Just about. I've had the movers ship half of my stuff to the new apartment already, so it'll be waiting for us in the living space when we're ready to move this stuff over," San leans down, fingers curling carefully under the bottom of the box as he hoists it into his arms. Wooyoung winces, biting his tongue, a cast of worry spiraling through him as he watches his partner hoist a rather heavy box full of clothes.

"Oh, Sannie–" Wooyoung turns around, approaching San with an etch of concern. "You don't have to carry that, I shouldn't have asked."

"I've got it, love. Don't worry," San smiles, adjusting his hold on the box before turning on his heel. "I'll be right back. Don't you dare pick up that box!"

Wooyoung rolls his eyes as San strides out of the closet, his steps trailing off as he continues deeper into the apartment and out of sight. Wooyoung turns back around, moving to pick up some of the hangers that had been laying around his messy pile on the floor, collecting a few to hang back onto the emptying rack.