Chapter 36. After

There is non-explicit sexual content in this chapter, as well as discussions/themes about mental health. Please be advised and do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you.

 Please be advised and do not read any further if these topics are sensitive to you

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐒𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

The days after the truth had been revealed, San readily noticed a change in Wooyoung. He expected this, to say the least, watching as his partner went about coping with his changes and dramatic new reality in the best way he could. He was quieter, more reserved, thinking too much or maybe just not enough. The worst part was that Wooyoung was slowly beginning to refuse the things he enjoyed like cooking or watching terrible horror movies, choosing to sink into his bed and insisting that he was much too tired.

San understood and chose to not pry too far into it, wanting to offer his silent companionship; to remain the anchor Wooyoung had desperately claimed to need. San was always bringing him something to drink or something to snack on, sitting in bed with him when Wooyoung wanted the company. Most of the time, Wooyoung had just slept or scrolled through his pictures, chewing on his lip until his eyes reddened with unshed tears.

San would often lay in bed next to Wooyoung, listening to the male's quiet breaths, seeming so at peace in such a tranquil setting. Though, San knew better than to hope he had found some sort of internal bliss. He was struggling, even if he'd never admit it. The crushing reality of learning that his entire life was a lie, combined with the idea that his true parents were deceased, followed by knowing that all of the neglect and abuse he had suffered were at the hands of people who sought to further use him for the sake of his title.

San didn't know how far down this lie went, but he knew it was far enough to stir Hyunjin into a pit of worry. Hyunjin had contacted him the day prior stating that Felix would need a couple of days to compile their evidence before serving the lawsuit itself, then Hyunjin would further involve a police department before the full legalities of things got into play. San had expressed that he was going to take Wooyoung out of town far before the news of all of this would play out, wanting to keep the male secluded from the force of the media and possible backlash from his family. San knew that Wooyoung's uncle would have something to say about everything and would threaten him as he had done before on several occasions, but San would do anything to spare Wooyoung further turmoil.

Therefore, San prepared for them to head to Busan. It would be far enough away to warrant some space, as well as placing enough distance between Wooyoung and his family. San didn't know what to truly expect, but he hoped to offer Wooyoung a chance at healing, far away from Seoul, and far away from the people who had hurt him his entire life.

This morning in particular, San had been up earlier than expected, rustling around in the kitchen, trying to gather any documents he might need to relay to Hyunjin while they're away. He had already packed his own bag, the bag itself now resting near the front door, waiting for Wooyoung to slip free from their en-suite.