Chapter 31. Anxiety

There is no content warnings for this chapter xx

⊰ ♔ • • • • • • • .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ . • • • • • • • ♔ ⊱

╰┈➤ 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ੈ✩‧₊˚

"What do you think?" Wooyoung asks, tilting his head slightly as he stares at his phone.

"Maybe assort the pillows in the opposite way. I think having so many in the one corner of the sectional is a bit too heavy," Yeosang sighs, leaning a bit closer to his phone screen through the video call, squinting as he assesses the mixture of colorful pillows Wooyoung had decorated his new gray sofa with.

"But, if I pile them on the left or on the right, it'll look weird," Wooyoung frowns, looking down at his phone after briefly glancing at his couch.

"Mm, yeah. Maybe. Have you asked Sannie yet?"

Tapping the camera button in the corner of his phone, Wooyoung turns his camera around, now pulling the view away from his furniture and back on himself. "No, not yet. He's been so busy with phone calls and stuff with his father, so I've just taken charge and started decorating everything."

"I'm sure he appreciates it. . . why do you seem so upset?" Yeosang frowns slightly through the video call, watching Wooyoung intently through the camera.

"He's. . . it's nothing, really, Sangie. He's just busier now, and I didn't think his father would draw him away from his apartment like this," Wooyoung shakes his head, taking a few steps closer into the living space that had been riddled with open and nearly-empty moving boxes, decorative pictures and blankets cast askew as Wooyoung continued to unpack their belongings. "I thought that he and I would do this together. I know we need to act as if we aren't really together, and I've been hiding out in this apartment since we came back from the cabin, but I don't know–"

Wooyoung sighs, sitting down on the couch, leaning back into the cushions. "A part of me just wants him here. Living in this space, a space that's supposed to be ours, alone and without company just makes me upset sometimes."

"You have every right to be upset," Yeosang says softly. "With the media constantly searching for anything to report on in regards to either company, it's sent everything into a hellfire. It's a mess lately, and Eun Media isn't the only company out there right now that's been affected. It's Jung Technologies and everyone else that is even close in competition."

"The media doesn't know about it yet, but I really can't believe he's being married off to some girl," Wooyoung grumbles, furrowing his brows. "Her company isn't in the social light like Eun Media is. Their matching just makes little to no sense."