29: A Sick Boy's Death

Jaune: He radiated with power, his aura extended far beyond his physical body and his sword glowed with pure golden light. He didn't know how strong he was, how fast he could move, or how durable his body had become in that moment. All he felt was the intense pressure over his body and the strong winds that surrounded him. Jaune couldn't speak, for he feared if he did then his throat would shatter. His muscles felt tense and stiff under his aura generation. And his lungs... felt fine for some reason. Despite the intense power he was emitting, Jaune felt no pain whatsoever.

Cinder: "You honestly believe your semblance will be enough to save you?" She asked only to get no response again. "Don't make me laugh!" She shouted as she fired an arrow at Jaune only to have it separate into dozens of arrows.

Jaune: He watched as the glass projectiles flew towards him with great speed before moving the palm of his free hand towards the arrows. What followed next was an intense force of wind that shattered all the arrows in the air. The glass shards were blown away and launched back at Cinder as she burned them away only to have one shard slip past her fire and pierce through her aura cutting her cheek.

Cinder: Shock enveloped her mind as she couldn't comprehend what had happened right away. Jaune had not only blocked her attack but redirected it using nothing but his hand. "How?" She whispered.

Jaune: He didn't say anything but instead took a step forward causing and intense pressure of wind to explode from his foot. The sound alone could be mistaken for a giant stomping the earth, but no it was simply a boy walking towards his opponent as he lifted his sword for a strike. Cinder then launched a pillar of fire at the boy only for him to counter with a swing of his sword. The immense energy he produced from the sword created an arc of sharp light that sliced through the pillar and blew the fall maiden off the tower.

Cinder: She was now flying in the air to keep from falling. And all she could think of was how baffling it was that a lone huntsman was able to overpower her so much. This was Jaune Arc's potential at its fullest. And he wasn't just on par with Cinder, he outright surpassed her in terms of power alone. This infuriated Cinder as she summoned several balls of fire that launched towards Jaune.

Jaune: He stared out into the distance as the fires danced around him. Their heat couldn't reach his skin nor could the embers tickle his hairs. And in the next instant, Jaune lunged towards Cinder breaking off parts of the floor he stood on. The speed was blinding as he instantly appeared behind her before delivering a spinning kick launching her higher into the sky. Seeing as he was about to start falling, Jaune used his fists to create more wind pressure giving him crude means to jet about the skies. What followed next were two balls of light burning brightly in the blackened night as fire enveloped the stars above.

Ruby: She and Weiss both saw Pyrrha's message and arrived at where Jaune was supposed to be only to see a giant Grimm one the ground writhing in pain. "Jaune!" She called out hoping to find him somewhere.

Weiss: "Ruby!" She said while pointing up towards the sky as they both saw distant flickers of fire and light. "You don't think-?" The Wyvern then screeched loudly as it pulled itself up from the ground and started to climb up the tower again.

Ruby: "Weiss!" She said looking to her teammate. "Can get me up there?"

Weiss: "Wha? Yes, but... what are you going to do?"

Ruby: She then looked up with a determined look as she saw Jaune fighting in the distance. "I'm going to stay by his side." She replied as Weiss nodded to her partner before activating her glyphs along the tower's side. Ruby then launched herself to the wall before dashing up towards the top floor ready for whatever awaited her.

Over in Vale:

Soldier: "Please stay calm and seek shelter at one of our camp sights." A military soldier said as many people were gathered and guided around the safe zone. "Food, water and medicine will be distributed accordingly. If you or anyone else is injured, please make your way over to emergency aid."