Chapter 11- Oops

Royal Pain

Was all Jerald had to say when they told him. He didn't give a reason why, he just said that and left. Madeline shouted at his turned back. "Well, oops to you too!" She threw her hands up in frustration and went back to sit in her chair. Michael followed far behind and when he reached the table he said, "I really am sorry Mads." Madeline huffed a sigh and looked up. "I know and I am too. It's just I knew that for as long as ever, Leighton has been a rude kingdom. And then you came along and changed it.... then you changed it back." Michael was ashamed of his behavior. "Listen, I hope that we can get past this. I mean it may take a while to rebuild all that trust, but maybe we can get close to where we were in those three days." Michael sat in his seat across the table with his head hung.

The lights slowly dimmed and a slow song began to play. It was time for the King and Queen's first dance. Madeline smiled as she saw how Clemen and Lily looked at each other. Just as soon as it began, the dance was over and everyone was welcomed on the floor. Madeline stood up and walked over and said, "Would you like to dance?"
Michael looked up and smiled back. "Gladly." He took her hand and they went on the floor and began to slow dance just as they had before all this mess began.

Madeline and Michael were silent and drifted off into their own world, not realizing that the crowd had formed a circle around them dancing. The two heard applause as they stopped and saw the crowd enclose them. Madeline blushing and Michael grinning, Both waved to the crowd and exited the dance floor to be by themselves.

They walked hand in hand down the dark hallways. They made their way, unknowingly, to the closet. Madeline stood in front of the door before pushing it open to see the second door had been opened slightly. Both confused they opened the door and slipped into the wonderland.

*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+
Sorry kind of a shorter chapter... but the next ones are gonna be really good... just waitttt!!!!!!!

~JO