Chapter 9- The Festivities

Royal Pain

"Good." Michael grabbed his jacket and one from Madeline's closet and the two flew down her vines and to a carriage waiting for them outside. "So is this like a first date?" Madeline asked sitting down. Michael on the other hand walked to the front and he became the driver of the carriage. "I mean if you want it to be." he said grabbing the reigns and flicking them once.

They were off to Leighton, a good thirty minute ride between the two. "And so it begins." Madeline said sitting back in her seat taking in the scenery. At that moment Madeline dozed off until they arrived thirty minutes later. "We're here Princess." Michael said opening the door for her. Madeline stood up wiping the drool from the side of her mouth and took his hand to exit the carriage.

"You've got such an active kingdom." Madeline commented as they passed by all the food vendors, whack-a-moles, and rollercoasters. "Yeah we've got pretty great people." Michael smiled "now onto the fun stuff. Where would you like to go?" Madeline looked at all the possibilities. She definitely would not tell him her fear of rollercoasters was just now being realized.

"How about that." Madeline pointed to the end of the lot where a small crowd of people had surrounded. "The ferris wheel?" Michael half whined, "Can't we go on the rollercoasters?" Madeline shook her head and led him to the line. They stood until they got onto a blue car. Michael, still upset about not going to the rollercoasters, avoided saying anything. Madeline was too giddy to realize until she tried to make conversation.

"Look, the Tilt A Whirl is so pretty up here." Madeline said shaking Michael's arm to get him to look. 

He didn't.

In fact he pulled away from her touch. Madeline now hurt from this gesture waited until they reached the top of the wheel. Both sat in silence waiting for the other to speak. When they got to the bottom Madeline got off as fast as she could. She went to a carriage driver and asked him to take her home. Michael was finally ready to apologize when he say that Madeline got into a carriage and was leaving.

----/---------/----
"May I ask why you decided to leave so soon ma'am?" The driver said. "I just- I was right all along." Madeline said half to herself. "About?"

"Well, I just remember when I was younger my family met with the Leighton royal family of that time and they were despicable. They were the biggest cry babies when nothing went their way and ugh! It was an all boy family- their mother had passed- and they were terrible! Maybe it's just boys." Madeline said turning back around in her seat. "He was my first boyfriend and now he's gone.... what a terrible person I am."

---------------------------

"Madeline! Wake up please! I need your help for setting up and to get me in my dress." Lily shouted at the bottom of the stairs. Madeline rolled over in her bed to see her old journal sprawled on the other side of her bed. Considering what happened the night before, no surprise she was writing. She looked over what she wrote but all she could see behind all the water drops.

Apologize to him

Like? Love? 

Oh there was no way she was saying anything to him... even if he was now going to be in her castle constantly. "Ugh!" Madeline fell back on her bed. She finally decided to get up and help with the day. She made sure she looked her best... you know for reasons.

"Madeline! Come down!" Lily shouted. "Ugh, I'm here hold your horses." Madeline said stomping down the stairs to meet her sister. the two walked to Lily's room where the mannequin stood in the center of the room. "Alright now help me put this one and then you can go off before 11:30." Lily said unzipping the dress. The two sisters worked together to get the monstrous ballgown over the Queen's up do. Lily pinned the veil in and Madeline helped her down the stairs and to the 'bride room.' Madeline wished Lily luck and she disappeared down the halls of the castle.