Chapter 17- I'm Crazy

Royal Pain

Soon Madeline noticed her surroundings change from the sunny town to a dark forest. The sun was beginning to set and Madeline was still trying to clear her head. "Ugh." Madeline sat on a tree stump and looked around. Well it couldn't get better than this. Madeline thought taking in the smell of fresh air. Madeline slowly made her way to the ground and fell into a deep sleep.

----------------

"Madeline. I heard you were awake so I decided to bring you something to eat." Michael said approaching the old wooden door. "Um.... Madeline is asleep now so you might just want to leave that outside." Tommy said trying to sound believable. "Tommy, open up. At least let me place the tray in the room." Michael began to try to open the door before Tommy pulled it open.

"Look Michael, I know you're going to hate me but-"

----------------

Madeline woke to the sound of heavy breathing. She looked around to notice that it was still dark and who ever was doing this was going to get it. Madeline rolled over to come face-to-face with a creature. Madeline slowly moved out from under the creature and stood behind a tree. The creature slowly turned to look at Madeline and it said. "Lies. Lies cause brokenness."

"What?" Madeline slowly stepped forward to hear what it was saying. "Lies!" It shouted and ran off. Madeline confused as ever sat down and began to fall deep into her thoughts. "Madeline." A voice shouted from a distance. Madeline stood up about to shout back when a wave of scenes flashed before her.

The door.

The bodies.

Her mother.

Melody.

That creature.

Madeline began to feel dizzy. I'm crazy. I have completely lost it. Madeline thought. No this is all just- just some drea-. Just as she was about to fall Michael was there to catch her and lay her gently on the woods floor. "Mads?" He said, but all Madeline heard was faint white noise. Michael tried shaking her, only that caused her to fall faster.

Until-

"Lies. Lies cause brokenness." And Madeline fainted.

*+*+*+*++**++*++*++*

Get excited i have written all the way to ch. 24 (and counting!!) and you best get ready for what's gonna happen!

~JO