Chapter 23- History Tends To Repeat Itself

Royal Pain

Madeline was rocking back in forth. She couldn't handle it, why did her mother have a chamber? She was just standing in front of her the other day. Madeline didn't see the other tags but, from what has been happening she can only believe the other names were people she knows. Madeline stood up and exited the closet and walked back to her room. She sat in her vanity chair and fell onto the top of the small table.

When Madeline looked at herself in the mirror she saw a crack. It wasn't just a small crack. It had almost reached to other end of the mirror. The crack had deepened too but for unknown reasons. Madeline reached into the small center drawer and she opened her diary. She flipped to a page she knew was blank but, when she got to that page there was writing on it now.

She saw it. EVERYTHING. I have to stop her. She thinks she can stop me? HA! What lies she has told herself. She didn't know she was being watched. Goodbye forever Madeline.

-MD

Madeline almost screamed as she pushed the diary off her vanity and onto the ground. Madeline stood up and began to pace her room. "No. NO! This can't be happening. I-I-I'm just dreaming. Yeah! This is all in my hea-" Madeline was reassuring herself when she heard a snap almost. She turned to look at the mirror. The crack now was cutting diagonally across, splitting her image in half. Lies. Madeline thought, These lies I'm telling myself are causing this.

-----------------

"Madeline. Please come down here. I just want to talk." Clemen shouted. "Please." Madeline was locked in her room she couldn't go down there and handle this all over again. "Madeline, come down here. We need to talk." Pleaded Clemen to the closed door. Madeline said nothing in return. "We all just want to talk, make sure you're alright. Please come down here." Clemen stood at the botton of the stairs until he realized there was no way he was getting Madeline out of her room.

-
No one was going to understand. No one ever did. Madeline knew what she has been seeing isn't just in her head anymore. The lady in front of the two bodies, the 'Lies,' all the masks, and the chambers. Madeline held her legs tighter to her chest. The terrifying memories were flashing back through her mind. Madeline sat in her room until she heard the door creak open to her older sister.

"Madeline, it's going to be ok, just take my hand and we'll go talk together. Just the two of us." Lily smiled and held her hand out. Madeline stood and grasped her sister's hand, letting her guide her to the large ballroom. The two sat where they sat together seven years ago, but this time, no one said anything. Neither knew what to say. Clemen finally joined them and Madeline turned her body even more so she appeared very reserved.

"Madeline. Please. It's time to separate imagination from reality." Clemen whispered in her direction. Madeline abruptly turned back to face him and Lily with a deep scowl on her face. "You think I'm pretending?" Clemen tried to interject but Madeline cut him off. "Listen to me and if you don't believe me that's not my problem." Madeline stood up and turned her chair around to face them. "I know what I saw. What I've seen. Why can't you see that? This is the second time this has happened and this is the second time no one has believed me. Can you just for once think that I am telling you the truth?" Madeline had broken a sweat and was standing by the time she finished preaching. Lily and Clemen shared a look and both stood as Clemen said,

"Alright, show us this closet."

*+*++**++++***+*+*+*

Heyy! Long time no talk ? I'm really trying to spread this out cuz I really have a lot to put but there are times where i just straight up think I could reveal everything and be done. But now I want to get to at least 25-30 chapters. We'll see....

~JO