Chapter 16- Um No

Royal Pain

Where am I? Madeline thought. What happened? Madeline tried sitting up on her elbows, but failed miserably and she plopped back down on the bed as a wave of pain rushed over her. "Oh good, you're up now." Said a not too friendly voice from across the room. Madeline slowly rolled over to see Jerald sitting in a chair in the corner. "What are you doing here?" Madeline asked pulling the blankets up.

"Well, I was the one who was forced to sit with you until you awoke. And now that you have I can leave." Jerald said standing up to leave. "Wait, how'd I get here?" Madeline said sitting up a little too quickly. "ow." Jerald rolled his eyes and faced her. "You fainted. It was like you saw a dead person. But you are fine now. I will see you tomorrow back at the castle." Jerald waved a brief goodbye and left the small room.

"You don't know that half of it." Madeline whispered lying back down on the small cot. Madeline was left to her own wonderings as to where she could be. "Oh it's true you are up." Said a chirpy voice as the door was opened. Madeline looked over to see a small child had entered the room. "We thought you might never wake up. And now that you have you get to go home tomorrow." The little boy said as he stepped into Madeline's view. "Who are you?" Madeline asked sitting up and facing the side wall of her room.

"Well, I'm Michael- 's little brother." He said walking to sit next to her. "Michael has a brother?" Madeline asked. "Well yeah! It's me! We heard you had fainted in Melody's home so Michael rushed over and he and Clemen carried you all the way here." The little boy squealed. "And Michael has been waiting in his room just to see if you were alright." Madeline blushed. He had been waiting for her and he carried her. "Wait, I have only been out for like a few hours right?"

"More like two days, but who's counting?" Michael's brother shrugged and began exploring the room. "Two days? But I saw my mom and I was fine." Madeline wondered out loud. "I just- I gotta take a walk." Madeline stood up. "I don't think that's a good idea." The little boy said slowly walking over to block the door. "Look munchkin,"

"Tommy."

"Tommy, right, I have to get out of here or I'll lose it. I really need you to cover for me." Madeline said backing up towards the window. She began to unlock it and she slipped through. "Please?" Madeline asked one last time. Tommy rolled his eyes and agreed. Madeline blew a kids before pulling the window shut and wandering down a dirt path.