Chapter 21- Oh What Fun

Royal Pain

The next morning Madeline woke to the smell of bacon and pancakes. "Mmm! Breakfast." Madeline entered the kitchen and sat down at the small wooden table. Lily smiled as she brought over the burnt bacon and pancakes and placed them on the table. Madeline looked down and saw the mess Lily made. "I don't think I'm hungry anymore." Madeline smiled pushing the plate away from herself. Lily giggled and pushed her plate away too.

"So do you want to talk now?" Madeline shook her head 'no' and stood up from the table and made her way to the window in the kitchen. Lily sighed stood up and walked beside Madeline. "Hey Mads. What's going on?" Madeline didn't even truly know. She was trying to see something. Trying to force another Lily to appear on the porch outside the window. "Hey!" Lily said. Madeline shot out of her thoughts to see Lily standing by the open door. "Come on we need to get back to the castle." Oh what fun... the castle.

---------------
The walk back to the castle was quiet. Lily had the kingdom on her mind and Madeline was still on the whole double Michael thing. Before both girls knew it they were at the castle. The hugged and said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. Madeline walked to Lily's room and pushed open the door. Madeline looked around and saw Lily's full body mirror placed at the darkened corner of the room. Covered with a sheet. Madeline pulled the sheet back to not see herself but a lady sitting in a chair rocking back and forth. Madeline tried to focus on the lady but she seemed to be a blur. Madeline tried knocking on the glass but nothing happened. Upon focusing a little harder Madeline saw the lady holding a baby.

Madeline slowly placed the sheet back over the mirror and exited the room. She couldn't handle all the things she was seeing. So she decided to pull out her diary and began to write but there was something on the page. Madeline squinted her eyes to read the words.

She can't know, ever. The day she knows is the day where everything will end. She is already starting to learn. Someone keeps revealing our secrets- MY secrets. I have to stop Madeline. She can't know what is really going on.

-MD

Madeline had stopped. MD? Who was MD and why did they want to stop her. Madeline was done with all these secrets. She was going to find out who this MD was and she would stop at nothing. Madeline closed her diary and stood up from her bed and walked to the halls of the castle. She was going to Wonderland.