Chapter 27- Melina

Royal Pain

Michael ran over to Madeline rolling her over so he could see her. "Mi-Mic-Michael? W-What happened?" Madeline's vision was blurred as she sat up and turned to try and make out her surroundings. "I'll tell you later." Michael said smiling and standing. He helped Madeline up and both walked over to Melina. As she sat up an imprint of swirls were burned into her face.

She slowly realized what happened she stood up and said, "Who do you think you are? Trying to get me? Ha! I'll end you right now-" The royal guards showed up and lifted up Melina. The carried her away and out of the castle.

----------------

"So Melina was your mother." Melody shook her head. Lily pondered that comment. "Why don't you take us on a long tour of everything. Then we'll decide your fate." Melody nodded her head and led Lily, Clemen, Madeline, and Michael all to the closet and into Melina's castle. Quietly, Melody pulled the statue's arm revealing the wall of masks behind the throne. "These are what your mom did? To try and take over?" Madeline asked. Melody nodded her head and picked one of the masks off the wall and turned it over for the four to see.

"Charlotte? Who's Charlotte?" Michael asked he soon realized who it was and covered his mouth. "Mom?" Lily grasped the mask and turned it over to view the front. The mask, unlike the others, wasn't the shape of the face you would take over. Instead it was gold swirls, forming her queen's crown. "This mask didn't just change you into her, you became more powerful than ever with this one. Your mom, she was special, she just didn't ever show it." Melody said still standing awkwardly in front of the group.

Madeline and Lily looked at Melody, then the mask, and then at each other. "She knew?" Madeline asked facing Melody. She nodded her head saying, "Everything." Madeline began to get teary eyed. Her mom knew. She had something about her and this was it. Her mom had the power to do this she just knew that this much power needed someone who was responsible. Lily hugged Madeline. The five all stood in silence, absorbed in each of their own thoughts.

Madeline was thinking when she remembered the chambers and her mothers name on one of the tags. Madeline pulled away from the hug, causing everyone to pull out of their thoughts to see Madeline race to the door beside the throne. She shoved it open and ran to the first chamber. CHARLOTTE, it read. Madeline peeked in the small window to see a shriveled up old lady sitting in the darkest corner of the chamber. Madeline began to squint and realize who she was looking at.

Madeline let out a scream as she backed away causing the being inside to look up. "Madeline, what's wrong." Michael was at her side as she slammed into the chamber's door across from the one marked for her mother. "Tha-Th-That's the creature. She's the THING that's been following me." Madeline stuttered lifting a shaky hand and pointing towards the shadowed figure now standing in front of the small window. "Mads, calm down. Please just breath." Michael pleaded as Madeline obeyed and began to slowly calm down.

Lily looked at the tag and ordered Melody to open the chamber. It took a few minutes but the figure finally exited the chamber allowing the light to hit her. Madeline cowered in fear as the figure slowly lifted it's head to show who it was.

"Mom?"