Chapter 3: Trust Me I'm The Leader

Royal Pain

Madeline and Melody looked at one another and back at the door, still offering the hidden secrets behind it. Madeline slowly opened the door and stepped through it with Melody following close behind.

The light absorbed them as they were pushed through and into a world of-

"Misery?" Madeline whispered reading the sign they had almost hit. "What's going on?" A voice said from behind one of the trees. "Who are you and why have entered our world?"

Madeline stepped forward saying," I am Princess Madeline of Cornaton, who dare tries and define me?" The voice spoke, "The queen of wonderland, she has been pur ruler for five years and she has done nothing but bring horror to this land. I am the royal guard and since you entered our land unauthorized, I must bring you back to meet her, to discuss your fate." The shadowed figure took both girls by the arms and dragged them to the queen.

----------
"No, no. No. Hmmm, I don't want any of those, I want something more, something BETTER." The queen said waving away the royal planner. She had only a few days to finish these new changes before her big day. The doors swung open to the throne room as the queen sat up straighter to see her head guard walking in with two young girls.

"Your highness," The guard said bowing to her throne. "I found these to enter from the Door." The queen looked over the girls and noticed who they were. She couldn't let this opportunity escape her, now was her chance. "Ok since you two entered my world, you play by my rules. Got it?" The queen said standing up and walking down the center aisle. "Trust me, I'm the leader." Was the last thing she said as she left the room.

---------
Madeline and Melody were invited back through the door but were banished 'as of right now.' Madeline closed the door and both girls exited the closet and began back to Madeline's room. "So, that was quite the adventure right?" Melody said once they reached Madeline's room. "I mean yeah, it couldn't have been weirder." Madeline said lying on her bed.

"Madeline, come downstairs your sister needs you." Shouted Jerald from the outside of Madeline's door. As she rolled her eyes she and Melody said their goodbyes and went their separate ways. As Madeline reached the throne room, Lily was sitting on her throne waiting for her younger sister.

"Hey Lils what's goin on?" Madeline asked sitting on the ground in the center of the room. "Well, I can tell you that Jerald and I went to our sister kingdom, Leighton, and we are going to have a wedding arranged for the new prince and I as soon as possible." Lily said fixing her gown.

Madeline looked up and froze. "Leighton? As in the kingdom with the absolute worst manners? Those people don't deserve our kingdom! Those are the rude and terrible and hateful people. Plus you can rule on your own." Madeline said standing.

"Madeline, listen, this is the best solution for us. It's not that easy to find a suitable mate in a matter of days." Lily said standing and walking towards Madeline. She hugged her sister tight and whispered to her. "It's going to be ok. I promise."