Chapter 28- Mother Mother

Royal Pain

Charlotte looked at her oldest daughter and smiled, "Lily!" She crashed into Lily's arms and the mother and daughter embraced for an eternity. The two finally broke away as Charlotte began to inspect the other people in the room. "My, what a handsome gentleman you are." Charlotte said as Clemen bowed and kissed her hand. "A pleasure to meet such a beauty." Charlotte blushed as she walked towards Madeline and Michael. "And who are you?" Michael stood a little taller as he announced, " I am Michael of the Williams home. I am Royal Assistant of her and his majesty King Clemen and Queen Lily." Michael bowed, proud of his ling title. "Royalty Assistant? What happened to Jerald?" Lily shrugged to her mom and Charlotte shrugged back.

Charlotte seemed to pass over Madeline and landed on Melody, "You." Charlotte pointed an old, wrinkly finger towards the girl. "I'm sorry but I didn't cause this. My mom did and she was takin care of." Melody said. Madeline slowly walked up to her mom and tapped her on the shoulder. "I-uh- think you forgot to say hello to someone." Charlotte turned and briefly hugged Madeline, avoiding any eye contact with her youngest.

"Well where's dad?" Lily asked changing the subject, not to a very good one. "You're father, died in here. Years ago. Her couldn't handle it so he said to himself, 'It's time to let go.' And eventually he just died. Lucky you all found me, I was about ready to give up myself." Charlotte wiped her eye and hugged Lily close to her. Madeline ignored, for now, that her mother didn't want to even speak to her.

-----------

All six of them exited the small chamber room and entered the throne room. Charlotte walked and sat in the throne at the front of the room. "This feels so right. It's been so long. Oh! Who is the queen now?" Charlotte looked around at the faces. No one seemed to want to answer. Finally Madeline stepped forward and said, "Lily is the Queen and Clemen is the King." Charlotte seemed to ignore that comment. "Oh I am sure you are joking right? She cannot do that on her own." Charlotte scoffed. Lily's eyes widened as she stepped forward to speak. "Mother! I an the Queen and Clemen is the King-" Charlotte shot forward in the throne. "You can't be serious. You? Queen? Ha!" Lily stepped back offended by her own mother. "Why can't you believe that I-we can do this?"

Charlotte was standing now seething with anger. "Because I know you can't" Lily stepped forward to be eye-to-eye with her. "I know you are lying so just tell me." Lily said through gritted teeth. "Because-because I can't be wrong again." Lily was now confused. "Excuse me?" Charlotte plopped back into the throne her hand on her head. "I was wrong with Madeline, I can't we wrong with you. It's un queen like." Madeline now was listening as she walked towards her mom. Instead of shouting or hitting or cheering, Madeline hugged her mom saying, "Thanks mom." Charlotte returned the hug saying, "I knew you would make the perfect princess." She looked over to Lily and said, "And I know you will make the perfect queen."

Lily had been taking in what her mom was saying and said. "Mom I know I can do it. With Clemen by my side and Madeline and Michael, and even Jerald. Mom I can do this." Charlotte looked up at her daughter. Tears now forming in both of their eyes Charlotte said, "You truly can do this." Lily reached down and grabbed her mom's hands saying, "Mom, sometimes, you just have to let go." And with that Charlotte smiled and closed her eyes.

_____\-----/_______
The image it how I see Lily speaking to Charlotte after not seeing her so yeah!

~JO