Chapter 29- Sent Away

Royal Pain

Madeline breathed as she watched her mother die, holding hands with Lily. Clemen walked to Lily's side and embraced her. They were speaking to each other in whispers, assuming the two were reassuring one another. Their embraced was finally broken and Clemen lifted Charlotte out of the throne. They carried her to the farthest chamber, there they found the king's corpse. Clemen laid Charlotte beside her husband and they switched off the lights.

The group reentered the throne room where Melody stood in the center of the room in front of Lily, Clemen, and Madeline. Michael stood in front of the large wooden door. After a long talk, Clemen and Lily finally turned around and spoke. "We have decided to have you sent to prison." Clemen said. Melody's face twisted as she realized what was happening. "No-No you can't do that! I just- No." Melody began to slowly back up towards Michael. "Listen Melody," Madeline stepped forward speaking, "You have imprisoned my parents, who are now both dead and now you and your mom have been terrorizing me and watching not only me but everyone else. You never took a break and you lied to the crown. So under Cornaton law- you are being imprisoned for murder and stalking." Madeline had made her way from standing on the throne's elevated floor to standing in front of Melody. "Alright Mads, lets just back up." Clemen had slowly followed Madeline and pulled her a few feet away from Melody.

Melody looked at Lily with pleading in her eyes, but all Lily could say was, "Couldn't have said it better myself." And shrugged. Michael had disappeared and brought some of the royal guards to bring Melody to the prison. "No please! Just Please!" Melody was pulled out of the throne room. Madeline stared her straight in the eye as she disappeared saying, "You are being sent away. Do not restrain."

--------------

The throne room became quiet as one by one the four slowly exited out of the door and into their own world. Madeline however, was left sitting, looking at the throne her now dead mother was just sitting in. "It's going to be ok." A quiet voice said behind her. She turned around to see Michael walk and sit next to her. Madeline sighed and laid her head on his shoulder. "I just-I can't trust anyone any more. This is too much for someone who is only 14." Michael wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "I know, but you're the princess, it's not supposed to be easy."