Chapter 13- The Plan

Royal Pain

Later that night after the wedding ended, and all the lights I the castle had been turned out. Madeline snuck out of her room and made her way through the castle and to the closet door. She stood in the dark waiting for Michael, slowly realizing her fear of the dark. The anticipation was slowly eating her alive. "Michael?" She whisper shouted to the halls. "Hurry up." She half said to herself. Waiting for what felt like an eternity Madeline finally gave up and pushed the door of the closet open.

Madeline closed the first door and turned towards the second one. As she turned she ran face first into Michael. "Hey." He said making Madeline jump. She playfully pushed him as she opened the door to the castle. Both children slipped in disappearing from the closet.
--------
"Madeline!" Michael whispered he had just showed up to the closet, being a little late was an accident but, he couldn't get away."Mads! I'm going in myself." He said turning and opening the first door. He stood taking in the closet around him. Sighing he turned towards the second door and started to turn the handle.

--------

"Ok so now we need to reopen that wood door and see if anyone is there." Madeline said walking around the room. "Then we can get to exploring." Madeline finished turning towards Michael. He hadn't moved from where he was standing since the two stepped in. "Michael? You seem... frozen?" Madeline stepped forward to see Michael wasn't even breathing. Madeline slowly began to back away, only backing into another person.

"Miss Madeline, it's swell of you to join us."

------------

Michael tugged on the door trying to open it. "It's like somethings blocking it." Michael pushed and pushed until the door gave out and he fell on top of it in the room it led to. "Huh? Madeline? Jerald? What's going on here?"

"Michael? You just crushed...Michael." Madeline said confused. "What's going on here Jerald?" She turned towards the old man expecting an answer. Jerald laughed, "You really believe I am afraid of two little kids? Ha!" Jerald grabbed both kids by the arms and led them through the large wooden door.

"My queen, I have brought them to you, as you have wished." Jerald threw the two kids forward causing them to fall before the very familiar queen. "Mom?" Madeline said slowly standing up and approaching the Throne.

"Madeline."