026. birthday girl 🥳

Because I passed all of my classes and I'm felling grateful, I'm giving you guys a double update.

evangeline cromwell

It was hard ignoring the stare I was getting in the hallways. Some of them saw me and Henry when he used to pick me up and now they think I knew everything and that I'm friends with a criminal. This is why they only give me death stares and don't dare to do anything else.

Only if they knew I was as shocked as them.

The last thing I wanted to do was to go to school but I know this is my last year and I need to focus on my SATS because right now, this is the only thing that matters.

I'll study well, get into a good college, far away from here, and forget about everything. About everyone.

In order to forget about Henry and my pain, I forced myself to study. I studied so much I even started to understand maths. And I hate maths with every fiber of my body. But once you get a hold of it, it's really fun.

"Here's the celebration girl." I hear Andrew's voice and his hands wrapped around my shoulders.

For a moment I was confused but then I remembered it was 11 February and today was my birthday.

I was twenty and the only thing I could feel was embarrassment. I was twenty and still in high-school. I mean, it's not my fault but that made me feel a little bit awkward.

Does Henry even remember that it's my birthday? I shook that thought out and turned my head towards my friend. "The one and only."

He smiled at me. "Happy birthday, Evangeline!"

I tried smiling but I felt nothing like it. I wanted Henry to tell me that. I wanted to have Henry next to me when I turned 20. I wanted him to sing me happy birthday as I blew out the candles and wished for him and me to be happy. I wanted Reed and Matteo to fill my face with cake and laugh their asses off at me and Henry joining them.

"Thank you! Did you get me a gift?" I ask jokingly, trying to push my tears away.

He smirks. "Of course I did. You will get it as soon as I get home."

I scoff. "You know I don't like waiting."

"That's why I'll try to finish practice faster." Andrew Pinky promised me and started walking towards our next class which was maths. And I look forward to it. For the first time in my life.

"So, what do you want to do for your birthday?" My best friend asked me as soon as he sat down in front of me, taking a bite of a French fries.

"Umm," I want to see Henry. "I don't know. How about we go to the mall?" I offered. I didn't really want to do anything but this is my birthday and I need to force myself to enjoy it because I know I will regret it if I don't.